Worms Reloaded

ClayMeow

header.jpg?t=1280872195

Worms Reloaded is coming to Steam and it's a throwback to the original 2D Worms platformers, not that 3D crap they experimented with a few years ago.

Ten years on from Worms™ Armageddon and the turn-based comic mayhem continues in Worms™ Reloaded, an all-new edition available for PC through Steam. Worms™ Reloaded features up to four player online and offline multi-player, voice support, a raft of crazy new weapons (and the return of some iconic weapons from the brand’s celebrated past), achievements, leaderboards, all new high-definition landscape themes, a range of brilliant forts for the new Fort mode, new landscape editor, new play modes, hats, skins and speech banks. To top it all off, there is also a highly-involving single-player experience with tutorials, deathmatches, races, fort games and puzzles. Enjoy the new High Definition full colour graphics engine, revised physics and pit your wits against the all-new A.I. with seven personality types, ranging from easy to very hard and styles like vengeful, cocky and ‘Darksider’! The game is also packed with customization options, and includes thousands of possibilities for your team of worms, tons of game options and custom levels, so you can play the game how you want!

Here is the Steam Link with the full list of features!

They're having a pre-order sale for 10% off ($17.99), which also nets you some exclusive pre-order items and 24-hr early access, but there's also a 4-Pack for $59.97, or roughly $15 apiece. I'm waiting for confirmation that the pre-order bonus items and 24-hr early access applies to the 4-pack, but in the meantime, I wanted to see if anyone was interested in getting in on it.

EDIT: According to someone on the SteamPowered forums:

I ordered the 4 Pack and I' date=' along with the friends who I have shared it with, all have on our community blotters "Worms Reloaded Pre-order, Worms Reloaded Pre-order DLC".[/quote']

So far, I know bp9801 said he'd get in on the action, so that leaves two more spots open, though obviously if there's even more interest, we can have multiple "groups" of buyers.

The way it would work is that after I have two more confirmed buyers, I will purchase the 4-pack and post a screenshot of the order confirmation so you know I indeed purchased the game (of course, I'm a staff member, so if you can't trust me, who can you trust? :lol:). At that point, I'll PM you my PayPal information for you to forward the $15 to, and I'll gift you the game to the Steam account you supply me. If you don't use PayPal and need to send a check instead, then obviously I have to wait to receive the check and cash it before gifting you the game for my own security, but yes, that is an acceptable means of payment - I know not everyone likes PayPal.

I'm IN! Wohoo!

Except I'm not sure if Paypal fees make it really worth it. Even then, I'm still in!

For those in the US, there are no fees if you send and receive money that is funded by your PayPal account or extracted from a bank account. But I see you're in Canada :(. Like I said, I'll accept checks, so that'd only be the postage fee, but am I allowed to gift you an item through Steam since I'm from the US and you're from Canada?

For those in the US, there are no fees if you send and receive money that is funded by your PayPal account or extracted from a bank account. But I see you're in Canada :(. Like I said, I'll accept checks, so that'd only be the postage fee, but am I allowed to gift you an item through Steam since I'm from the US and you're from Canada?

I'll see how much the fees are. I'm not even sure how they work lol, i.e. if they are a certain % or a fixed amount. The worst that can happen is I'll send you a cheque.

And I don't see why you could not gift me a game. In Steam, I do buy all of my games in USD, so I believe it is fully compatible.

I'll see how much the fees are. I'm not even sure how they work lol, i.e. if they are a certain % or a fixed amount. The worst that can happen is I'll send you a cheque.

And I don't see why you could not gift me a game. In Steam, I do buy all of my games in USD, so I believe it is fully compatible.

Was reading the Steam FAQ and yeah, the only restriction on international gifts it seems is that if the game isn't released in the country yet, the person cannot activate the game until it is.

Count me in. I played Worms Armageddon on my very first PC and loved it. Glad they're bringing this one out now and looks very similar. I have PayPal but never actually used it; I'll PM you for more details. :thumbsup:

Count me in. I played Worms Armageddon on my very first PC and loved it.

I tried to Play Armageddon again a few times on more recent PCs (Vista & 7), and I could never get it to run right. :( Also that new version will be able to handle high resolutions. :)