Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears???

Rokkaholik

May as well throw this in...

People who piss and moan about certain stereotyping and profiling, but yet they are doing the absolute best they can to prove why it's there to begin with and the least to change it...

This!

Also feminists and "meat is murder" hippies really piss me off. I'm nearly seeing red right now... Animal activists... I also hate several other things I can't mention them on the forum...

My wife just used a bread knife to cut slices off the loaf...then used the end of the same knife to butter the toast! What sane person does that? It's an abomination!!!! Dogs and cats living together!!! :whoa::blink::whoa:

What grinds my gears....

Mandatory 4 year degrees for employment. I can't count how many jobs I have applied for or wanted to apply for that I qualified for or was overqualified for and was rejected simply because I don't have a 4 year degree. And I could understand if I didn't have the experience or certifications, but even after requesting that my 4 years of active military service could stand in lieu of a 4 year degree only to be turned down again. Sorry I didn't waste 4 years of my life drinking, trying to hook up with girls, and learning stuff that is 95% not applicable to my career or life in general so that I can keep the wheel's of society greased with my college debt.

I would actually go as far as to call it a form of discrimination.

Sure getting a job in your field due to your education is acceptable but hiring someone solely based on them having merely experienced something is pretty ridiculous.

Id rather go a constant 40km/h or even 20km/h then do full stop and go traffic. Stupid driving like that puts wear on brakes, tranny and your patience.

:withstupid: not to mention i drive a manual and the constant up and down shifting gives your knee a hell of a workout.

my grind today is drivers again. but this time its idiots who cant / dont check their blindspots. i nearly got taken out twice within 20mins driving home from uni on thursday. the first was a stupid young woman who tried to merge into my lane when my driver's window was level with her passenger window. she didnt look until she had already crossed the line and immediately swerved back in her lane when she realised.

the second time was not long after on the freeway. i was behind an audi a4 and in the lane to my right a truck was ahead of both of us. so a ford come screaming down behind the truck, cuts off the audi causing both of us to slam on the breaks. the audi takes off and just as i'm pulling level with the back tires of the truck it sticks on his indicator and starts to merge into my lane. i blasted my horn at him as he had his wheels in my lane forcing me wide (luckily no-one was to my left). the truck pulls back into its lane for the whole of a second before repeating the same manouver. causing me to slam on my breaks drop it into third and undertake the bastard. while giving him the bird and more horn blasting of course :P

SO TRUE!!! I hate how college is mandatory, most of the classes will go unremembered if they aren't directly related to what you'll be doing with your life

Don't you mean they wont be remembered if you took it more than a couple of weeks ago :lol: i cant remember anythink that i supposededly "learnt" last semester :lol: Edited by bilcliff

Relationships grind my gears, especially where you enter that stage where arguing becomes comfortable.

Ever tried to give decent, sound advice to a friend that keeps telling you to shut up? It gets worse when it's your "dearly beloved" :rolleyes: But fortunately my dearly beloved is exactly what she is, and I love her to bits.

Still grinds my gears something chronic though :glare:

Todays Complaint...

People who cannot under ANY circumstances figure out the right of way at an intersection (4-way stop, divided highway turning lanes, etc...)... When I went through drivers training, my instructor was HELL BENT on us knowing the Right Of Way stuff, or you didn't pass. It's fairly easy to figure out and it's mostly common sense based, thus why 75% of people can't get it right...

I'm at work and my gears are being GROUND TO DUST right now. There is a woman a couple rows of cubes away who NEVER stops talking about her kids, her divorce, her problems, her custody battles, or any other dumb thing she can think of. In a more general sense, I despise people who feel that there should never be a moment when the air isnt filled with someone's voice. God forbid there should ever be some peace and quiet. Nobody is talking??? Time for me to step up to the plate and make sure everyone knows I'm going through a custody battle!!

Furthermore, I hate when people have personal discussions on the phone but stay in a professional area. Theres a hallway about 8 yards from our little area of cubes, which I always use when talking on my cell phone, firstly so nobody hears my own business, and secondly so that people who dont want to hear me talking dont have to. For other people though, this is apparently too hard a thing to do. Now I know more about this woman's divorce than I know about what she is actually working on, and I have never once spoken to her directly in my 8 months working here. Heck I dont even know her last name, and I'm not 100% on her first name either. UGH

All of the aforementioned really grinds my gears. As does when you can't find the droids you're looking for.

What grinds my gears today is when you're trying to change career paths and companies don't want you to do that. They want you to stay in the same industry, growing stagnant until you aren't marketable as an employee anymore.