Sapphire 5870 VaporX or Asus 5870 EAH v2

Azutar

So i am looking at GPUs and i decided i was gonna go for a 5870 then my choice narrowed down on 2 models

ASUS 5870 EAH V2

OR

Sapphire 5870 Vapor X

Which one would you recommend?

vapor x has the better cooling i hear but wont overclock aswell due to the fact you cant tweak the voltage

I would go with the Vapor-X card. Sapphire really has some outstanding coolers (I have a Vapor-X 4870 and it's the bee's knees.)

But apparently it is sold out on newegg, so it looks like your choice has been made for you. XD

I would go with the Vapor-X card. Sapphire really has some outstanding coolers (I have a Vapor-X 4870 and it's the bee's knees.)

But apparently it is sold out on newegg, so it looks like your choice has been made for you. XD

I can wait.

ill go have a look at the local shops too.

thx tho.

i have another question how well does the 5870 scale in xfire ( my mobo is a crosshair iv with a phenom x6 1090t)

Edited by Azutar

I have owned both cards, and loved em both. Sapphire for looks and cooling, but if you are wanting to overclock, it will take more effort on the Vapor-X due to the fact the voltages come locked. You will have to flash the Sapphire card to say ASUS bios, which usually also voids the warranty in order to up voltage to achieve high overclocks. Whereas the ASUS card come voltage unlocked out of the box, and they actually market this as well! I liked them both, but I would go with the ASUS simply for the added features and overclockability! I could not get my Vapor-X to match the max overclock the ASUS could reach!!!!