bp9801

Batman: Arkham City

i got this in an email today

Dear Customer,

We have just received news from the publishers to say that Batman Arkham City - Steelbook Edition on PC will be delayed until 2nd December 2011 Your order is with us and will be ready to despatch as soon as we receive the stock, if we receive any further updates regarding the release date we will let you know.

If you have also ordered the standard Batman Arkham City on PC you will be pleased to know that the release date is still 25th November 2011 as advertised.

Please get in touch with us via the 'Contact Us' on the website if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,

The team at ozgameshop.com

when you add the 12+ working days for international shipping, i'll be lucky to get the game before christmas.

I'm sick of devs/publishers shafting the PC. Delay the PC game by over a month from the console release date. If game doesn't sell well, blame piracy. When the reality of the situation is that most people would buy the console version rather than waiting for a month for something, that still ends up being broken.

/rant

i got this in an email today

when you add the 12+ working days for international shipping, i'll be lucky to get the game before christmas.

I'm sick of devs/publishers shafting the PC. Delay the PC game by over a month from the console release date. If game doesn't sell well, blame piracy. When the reality of the situation is that most people would buy the console version rather than waiting for a month for something, that still ends up being broken.

/rant

Maybe you could use a proxy or port forwarding work-around to get it on Steam?

Maybe you could use a proxy or port forwarding work-around to get it on Steam?

:huh: im confused. i'm importing a physical copy from the uk. how would what you're suggesting even work?

Found out the problem was my video card is bad :( .. tried my friends card and game worked fine...

Sucks Gremlin...

...in other news, if you don't own this game... BUY it.

Having a ball so far and I'm only through the first 25-30%.

My solution is not to wait on the physical copy, just get it digitally.

Lucky death I like bilcliff am from aus and well frankly steam prices on new releases suck. They are generally double that of us prices which is so very very wrong.

Ozgameshop while horrific on wait times always Dili era when they say they will and their prices are usually 50-60% better on pre-orders and new releases over anywhere else we can get the game.

We could try and be sneaky and order from the steam us site by using false info and gifting the game to our main account so if things backfire we don't loose everything. However that's a massive illegal hassle.

Not liking this game as much as I thought I would...

Batman doesn't seem like it should be an Open World game. I much prefered the Linearity of Arkham Asylum.

I got the game for my B-Day. Sounds like I will wait to install since DX 11 is still an issue. No rush to play. I want to see it in all its glory. Has anyone seen an article discussing patch release date? All I can find is there will be one.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I just bought this game last night and I am loving it. I think they did a great job of making it better then arkhan asylum.

I don't recommend waiting for the patch, as the game runs and looks just fine in DX9 mode. Yeah sure, the DX11 effects are nice, but they aren't that amazing that you should delay playing the game.

So far, I'm very impressed with the visuals. Some parts of Arkham City remind me of the Samaritan demo, particularly the reflections seen on the pavement.