Sign in to follow this  
Jakeman97

Kudos to Thermaltake

I think Thermaltake gets an undeserved bad rap. Thermaltake USA stands behind their PSU's and their warranty. In November 2008 I purchased a Toughpower 750 WO128RU exactly 4 months later it went south on me. I RMA'd and they sent me a brand new one in a box no questions asked. This replacement worked fine day in and day out in very high ambient temps (Florida) until June 2010 and it too went south. I RMA'd and kept my fingers crossed. Exactly 1 week later I recieived an email and it said, "We no longer have the WO128RU 750 in stock. Would you accept a TR2-RX WO319RU 850 as a replacement"? Of course I did, how can you go wrong. I was so pleased I purchased a Thermaltake Element V BE VL200K1W2Z to put it in. Kudos to Thermaltake USA.

Jakeman97

Does Thermaltake get a bad rap? I haven't seen that.

Yeah, I love warranties for products that go past their lifespan. I remember awhile back, BFG replaced my 6800GT that I burned out (completely my fault) with a 7800GT.

I think Thermaltake used to have a bad rap for poor quality of both its products and customer service but the company has very much improved itself over the last few years.

I think Thermaltake used to have a bad rap for poor quality of both its products and customer service but the company has very much improved itself over the last few years.

Which is very much reflected in their current range of power supplies.

For a while there I know that I had a pretty low opinion of their products. Mainly the fans/heatsinks, and cases. They have improved lately though and are putting out some pretty good quality products these days.

It is nice to see a company changing how they do things in light of what I can only imagine was their consumers' opinions.

Jager