How To Join Our Tiny Keycounter Team!

Nerm

The Tiny KeyCounter (or TKC) is a simple (yet silly) little distributed computing project. Unlike the S.E.T.I.@Home and Folding@Home projects, TKC does not use the system's CPU to crunch numbers.

What does it do? TKC is a small program (~180KB) that sits in the taskbar and counts the number of times you click your mouse, press a key on the keyboard, or scroll the mouse wheel. That's it. Nothing more to it.

So, why participate in the TKC program? Well, the only real reason is because we want to. We all sit in front of our computer clicking and typing away, whether we are gaming, listening to music, or actually working. So, why not keep track of our clicks?

So, why not join the OCC TKC team, and we'll see who clicks and scrolls the mouse and pounds the keyboard the most!

To participate in the OverclockersClub TKC Team, complete the following steps:

1- Create an account

2- From the account management section, chose "Join a team"

3- Search for, and select the team "OverclockersClub.com"

4- From the account management section, download the TKC Client.

5- Extract the TKC client to a folder somewhere on your computer (e.g. C:TKC)

6- Run the KeyCount.exe from the folder you extracted the files to.

7- Enter your user name and password into the client. And chose the reporting method you want (you can change this at any time)

That's it, nothing more to it. Tiny KeyCount is now off and tracking your clicks, scrolls, and presses. You may want to add TKC to your startup folder so that TKC starts when you log in.

Q: Can I run TKC and F@H/S@H at the same time?

A: Yes. TKC does not use the CPU like F@H/S@H does, and will not interfere with those programs.

Q: Can I join the TKC and F@H and/or S@H teams?

A: Yes. You can join any or all of our teams. Matter of fact, we'd love to have you on all of our teams! At least the F@H and TKC teams if nothing else.

Q: Does the TKC team have a forum/icon like F@H/S@H?

A: Currently no. This may change in the future, but as of right now it does not.

Q: Does the TKC have a Mac/Linux/BSD/etc client?

A: Currently no. Windows is the only thing right now. Doubt that will ever change too.

Q: Can I use a macro program to record keystrokes and play it overnight?

A: No. This is cheating and you will more than likely get yourself banned from the project, not to mention this site.

Edited by Nerm