HELP!! - NEW BUILD - NO VIDEO

tinpau

I just built my new system that you all helped me with. AMD 1090 t , 4gb corsair memory, Asus M4A89GTD PRO motherboard and an Sapphire ATI Radion 5770 and when I boot the system I get no video ..... I have tried it with and without the 5770 .

Any ideas ??? All the fans start and the lights he video card light up ... although I get no beeps or anything else.

Any help would be appreciated... I haven't built a system in like 6 years

Tinpau

I had this same problem with a build I did last month, turned out to be a dead Motherboard.

check all your connections to your board though, do you have the 24 pin and the cpu power cables attached?

Edited by BizaroStormy

Yes... 24 pin Power cord is attached and I get the lights on the motherboard. When I press the power button it the fans and CPU fan come on. But I get no beeps or anything else

Tinpau

Yes... 24 pin Power cord is attached and I get the lights on the motherboard. When I press the power button it the fans and CPU fan come on. But I get no beeps or anything else

Tinpau

There will be another connection to the motherboard that will be, without looking up the specs, either a 4-pin ATX12V or 8-pin EPS12V connector.

Edit: Had a quick look and there's an 8-pin EPS12V connector, have you plugged that in?

I thought it was one or the other .... I have the 24 pin connected ... but the 8 pin not... Geez that was stupid of me

Tinpau

It's not stupid, you either know or you don't, like most things in life. Does it work now?

<BR>There will be another connection to the motherboard that will be, without looking up the specs, either a 4-pin ATX12V or 8-pin EPS12V connector.<BR><BR>Edit: Had a quick look and there's an 8-pin EPS12V connector, have you plugged that in?<BR>
<BR><BR>Great call Paul! <BR>On the motherboards with the 4pin Atx make sure you use the correct one as there is a 4 pin for the video cards that will also plug into that. <BR>It will not hurt anything the system just won't start.<BR>I had a system acting like his one time and I simply did not have the memory seated properly. <BR>

Well .... That worked... :cheers::thumbsup:

I didn't have BOTH power connectors connected to the motherboard...

Next install OS and all crap...

THANX AGAIN TO EVERYONE FOR THE SPEEDY HELP.... I WILL POST PICS SOON AS I GET IT DONE

Tînpau