OCC Movie Nights

Deathmineral

Change the Day  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which days would be most convenient for you guys?

• Sunday
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday

Anything else? Or was that it for tonight?

And apparently, we can watch anything that's been streamed on the channel before..... awesome....

Edited by F13Bubba

Anything else? Or was that it for tonight?

And apparently, we can watch anything that's been streamed on the channel before..... awesome....

Come into the IRC chat room, click on the top bar of OCC where it says "IRC Chat" and suggest a movie.

Death you need to go into your Channel settings and head to the "Info" tab, from there Tick the "Default my channel to widescreen" Box.. im not sure if it helps any but just putting it out there for ya.

Also i found something which may explain why i'm fightiing so hard to get smooth playback - its a calculator for how fast your internet needs to be to be able to stream and at what res: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/apps/flv_bitrate_calculator/

On the hardware side of things it really doesn't make much difference because ive read people with core i7's and dual GTX285's are still getting bad performance. You need to have some serious speed i mean if you want to Properly stream movies Live in HD (720p) at 30fps you'd need approximately 8000kbs :whoa: so.. yeah ill do my best to try and get it at an acceptable level :dunno:

Thanks for the movies Death! Really enjoyed Mad Max and The Ramen Girl =)

Thanks for the help tonight guys, now that I know the cast is of decent quality and there aren't many problems with it being choppy it should be good to go, and I hope everyone enjoyed tonight's movies. :D

Also, I was wondering if there is any particular way you guys would like for me to announce when I will be casting, perhaps something like twitter or facebook? I know not everyone would be checking this thread all the time and it would be ridiculous for me to ask everyone to create an account on JTV just for email notifications. So if there is an easier way for me to notify everyone about it then just let me know.

Edit: Also, thanks senital for the heads up on that option, should really help when dealing with aspect ratio. I knew there was an option for it somewhere but I didn't expect it to be in the info tab.

Edited by Deathmineral

Death you need to go into your Channel settings and head to the "Info" tab, from there Tick the "Default my channel to widescreen" Box.. im not sure if it helps any but just putting it out there for ya.

Also i found something which may explain why i'm fightiing so hard to get smooth playback - its a calculator for how fast your internet needs to be to be able to stream and at what res: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/apps/flv_bitrate_calculator/

On the hardware side of things it really doesn't make much difference because ive read people with core i7's and dual GTX285's are still getting bad performance. You need to have some serious speed i mean if you want to Properly stream movies Live in HD (720p) at 30fps you'd need approximately 8000kbs :whoa: so.. yeah ill do my best to try and get it at an acceptable level :dunno:

Thanks for the movies Death! Really enjoyed Mad Max and The Ramen Girl =)

"twas super fun. Also, I did that calculator, and it recommended something like 3mb/s upload for streaming an 800x 450 signal, which wouldn't be terrible quality. I can usually get around 4.5-6Mbp/s on speedtests. I'll have to wait until I can figure out a second monitor to do movie nights however : /

I wish I didn't miss Diehard (never saw the first ones) and missed the rest of The Ramen Girl. Next time I'm down for sure

If you go to his channel, it records all of the video that plays, so you can watch them online lol

If you go to his channel, it records all of the video that plays, so you can watch them online lol

ya but they didn't seem as good a quality as when he was streamin it before (well as the ramen girl was)