Alright ATI fanboys...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple was doing both ATI and Nvidia from the get go, to be honest I doubt Nvidia will feel the loss of Apple anyway.

I expect to see Nvidia to pick things up for the next quarter with the 460 taking off and what not....

Overall they are in a bit of slump but I wouldn't count them out yet.

neither one of them red or green is worth a crap on the nasdaq or nyse (garbage) and for that matter apple is in a downslide too...so that means it's down to what you want out of your graphics card, plain and simple !

neither one of them red or green is worth a crap on the nasdaq or nyse (garbage) and for that matter apple is in a downslide too...so that means it's down to what you want out of your graphics card, plain and simple !

Ya exactly.

to be honest I doubt Nvidia will feel the loss of Apple anyway.

I expect to see Nvidia to pick things up for the next quarter with the 460 taking off and what not....

Overall they are in a bit of slump but I wouldn't count them out yet.

+1 to all of the above. although i'm kinda surprised that ati overtook nvidia given that they haven't really released anything major in the last 3 months apart from the low end 55xx, 56xx cards.(i'm not counting the 5830 for a reason)

while apple is still only a small % of the market and it wont make a huge impact on nvidia's bottom line, its still revenue ati gets.

Its good to see ATi/ AMD doing well. i'm no ati fanboy. i just like having competition in the marketplace keeping prices down.

Edited by bilcliff

So recent news should make ATI fans very happy. Not only has ATI gained the larger part of the discrete graphics card market share, as reported here, but Apple has decided to ditch NVIDIA in its desktops for ATI. Looks like the red camp just scored a major point. Thoughts?

I think you've mistaken OCC for a certain other site with raging fanboys :P

As far as I'm concerned, whatever card gives me the best performance for the price I'm paying and still keeps somewhat in the "future-proof" area of gaming is a winner for me. Never really had any issues with either company's cards nor their drivers in general. Now where's that 6xxx series so the 5xxx series drops in price? :evilgrin:

I've had good experiences with both sides as well, im glad for the competition! The 5k series was a huge success and AMD pulled it out from a great financial disadvantage. Also @claymeow, I'd like to see you come up with more games that ATI GPUs fails at because I believe you are overstating.

I've had good experiences with both sides as well, im glad for the competition! The 5k series was a huge success and AMD pulled it out from a great financial disadvantage. Also @claymeow, I'd like to see you come up with more games that ATI GPUs fails at because I believe you are overstating.

I have not read many reviews on video cards nor have I retained the information all that well.

But last time I checked most of the ATI Cards always seemed to have a better performance rating in most games then the Nvidia GPU.

Unless the game it self was built for the Nvidia GPU (aka Final Fantasy).

But I am an AMD/ATI Fan Boy.. (I just don't own any anymore lol!)

i would just love to see how ATI is gonna respond to the 460

That's gonna be tough. This last week I put twin GTX 460s in SLi and the performance is amazing.

I agree with Doc on color clarity though. ATi wins that one hands down IMHO.

I immediately noticed that colors seemed washed out in comparison to the HD 5770 Crossfire setup I was running right before I made the switch. But I'll trade that off in my gaming rig for the sheer FPS and ability to crank up the quality and AA/AF settings.

With just a few tweaks to the BFBC 2 config file I'm able to run the game at 1920x1200 with x4 MSAA and x16 Anisotropic - minimum frame rate = 84 and maximum frame rate = 201. Well above what I need for my 24" LCD :)

And I still have some room to add more eye candy before I hit the 60 fps minimum. Wo0t!

And playing COD World at War isn't even a challenge for these cards..........

Edited by wevsspot