Games I should play

Miek

I'm building a gaming PC (primarily). However, I need games to play. Below is a list of what I'll be playing. It'll grow as people suggest things. To be honest, I don't care about genre. I love any good game.

What I'll be playing:

• World of Warcraft :rolleyes:
  • Dungeon Siege II (I still have to finish this one)
  • Just Cause II
  • Demigod
  • The Witcher
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • The Sims 2 and 3
  • GTA San Andreas and IV (I've actually beaten SA, but it just never stops being fun!)
  • Assassin's Creed 1 and 2
  • Crysis and Crysis 2 when it comes out
  • Torchlight
  • Alien Swarm
  • Hazard
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • Overlord
  • World of Goo
  • Trine

Edited by Miek

I suggest alien swarm since it's free. :D

To help diversify a little I would recommend beat hazard, defense grid: the awakening, plants vs zombies, overlord, world of goo, and trine. I'm not sure if you use steam or not but if you do you can get a lot of these games pretty darn cheap if you wait for a seasonal sale, although that may not happen until about christmas time. Out of all of those I would recommend beat hazard the most since it can keep a person entertained as long as they aren't bored of the music they have.

+1 for Alien Swarm.

I also have some suggestions of my own:

-Half-Life2 (plus episode one and episode two)

-Left 4 dead 1 (not two because it's kind of...not as good)

-Counter-Strike: Source (if you're into competitive online gaming)

-Starcraft II (newest RTS from Blizzard, godly game)

-Unreal Tournament 2004

-Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 are good

-Battlefield Bad Company 2

-Diablo II (it's an RPG by Blizzard, but it's really good)

I dunno... you should just look around and play whatever you like. Those are suggestions of actual good games.

Also you shouldn't build your PC for the games that you want to play now, because you never know if a game you like gets released, and you wouldn't be able to play it because you only build your PC for the games you had in mind earlier. So always plan for things in advance. I suggest a Radeon 5870(better choice) or a GTX480/470. Those will be able to run all of todays games no problem, and you should be good for at least another year or two.

• Like 1

AudioSurf is another game that analyzes your music, like Beat Hazard, and is quite fun. I second Torchlight, also quite fun and allows mods (be careful though, the Boss Map Level mod let my level 80 character go to level 380 in about two-three hours of work, kind of kills the mod, because then so little is a challenge).

I also enjoy Supreme Commander 2, which is an RTS. I did some the Starcraft 2 beta and didn't care for it myself. Though that may have been because I had no experience at it and was being thrown into multiplayer matches against decidedly more skilled people. Now the Command and Conquer 4 beta, that was different. Played as support class against two people (both higher level than me), held them off for 40 minutes before I had to go to dinner. For 30 minutes of that I was in the lead, with a single build cue. That was fun. Can't recommend C&C 4 though, because I haven't played the release game, same for Starcraft 2; can neither recommend for nor against as I only know the betas.

Everyone here has already mentioned most of the games,i did notice there was not even one racing game in ur list ,im assuming u dont like racing games,u can get the Batman Arkum Asylum,Singularity (awesome game),Prince of Persia (the latest one,damn good game play and good graphics).

I Highly Recommend ALL of the following if you haven't already played them:

Racing Games: Split Second, Burnout Paradise Ultimate box, Dirt 2, Racedriver GRID.

FPS: Bioshock 1 and 2, Cyrostasis, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (includes Escape from Butchers bay)

RPG: Fallout 3, Mass effect 1

Shooters: Mass effect 2, Gears of war, Lost planet

Action: Devil May Cry 4

Horror: Dead space

RTS: Starcraft II .. duuuh :lol: Edit: Also add Overlord and Overlord II - though i dunno exactly what genre they fit into but Highly Recommended nevertheless!

also Sign up for the Black Prophecy Beta, it's going to be One hell of a game when released in November :D

Games i Don't recommend: World of Warcraft! - why? Because you'll waste your life on it and wont play any of ^ Said games

Edited by SenitaL

Senital (and anyone else who already hasn't) is in no position to suggest anything til they play Half Life 2 :rolleyes: I left it late enough, and considering it's getting on a bit now, it's still THE BEST game I've ever played.

Edited by Danrik

I do not recommend playing WoW, some of my (former) friends have started "playing it for fun", and ending up spending friday nights at home instead. I do not say that WoW is a bad game, just that you will not have much diversity if you get hooked.

I see that noone has suggested call of duty. I do not care what people say, Modern warfare 2 & call of duty 4 are great games. I personally think that all the cod hating is due to the immense popularity of mw2. Also, it is one of the easiest games for a "noob" to enjoy. Bad company 2, for example, is ruthless to newcomers. ( If I remember correctly, I had stats of 5-35 in my first days of playing it.)

To sum it up:

-NOT WOW

-CoD

-Assassin's creed 1&2 (or wait for AC: brotherhood, seems like an improvement over the first two)

Me personally i hate all WW1/2 style games.. they've been done to death and they still keep coming.

As for MW1 and 2, Meh played them and wasn't too impressed.. all the hype and their just mediocre games (MW1 was probably much better lol) and the whole "noob Friendly" thing is also bad.. you want a game thats ruthless so when you fight to the top you feel proud of yourself :P

And am i the only one who finds assasins creed to be too boring and repetitive? i mean seriously its way over-rated imo, the world and all that is beautifully and interesting but the actual gameplay? no.

Senital (and anyone else who already hasn't) is in no position to suggest anything til they play Half Life 2 :rolleyes: I left it late enough, and considering it's getting on a bit now, it's still THE BEST game I've ever played.

While I agree that half life 2 is an amazing game, I don't consider it a license for the privilege of recommending other good games. Some people around here think a little too highly of this game in my opinion. :P

If you haven't played any of the half life games however, I would recommend playing half life 1 before playing half life 2, I still don't get why some people recommend half life 2 without recommending half life 1.

Also, to all of you recommending games he shouldn't play, I don't think that is what he asked for, they're just games, you just play them and have fun. I think that if you're interested in WoW then you should definitely give it a try, it's no more of a waste than any other game as long as you enjoy it, and I would say the same about games I hate even, like modern warfare 2 and assassin's creed 2, I don't like those games but if someone else does then they should definitely play them.

Edited by Deathmineral

...im assuming u dont like racing games...

Actually, I very much enjoy racing games.

And about WoW: I actually already play it. I can't say that I play 24/7. Like all the games I play, I play it when I'm in the mood for that kind of game. I know that gaming's all fine and nice, but I also know that eventually you sometimes have to stop because there are inevitably things I need to do. :P

Edited by Miek