New Build Just Arrived

original-jedi

Man I know I have problems when I can look at just the boxes of those and know what that all are :rolleyes:

since when is being able to read the writing on a box a problem :P

@original-jedi: tell me you're going to do some cable managment soon. that 8 pin motherboard connction is bugging me :lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since when is being able to read the writing on a box a problem :P

@original-jedi: tell me you're going to do some cable managment soon. that 8 pin motherboard connction is bugging me :lol:

nah but I can just blink, take it all in, and name everything lol. Possibly more than their owner

nah but I can just blink, take it all in, and name everything lol. Possibly more than their owner

lol i was just playing with you. i could name everything except the case. maybe there's still hope for me yet :P

@original-jedi: tell me you're going to do some cable management soon. that 8 pin motherboard connection is bugging me
well it won't reach unless I flip the PSU around or use and 8 pin 12v extension. Maybe I will do that if the NB gets hot and I have to do the NB fix which I am thinking about doing anyways because those temps look funky. I have read that lots of folks have their NB temps on the 30s mine is in the high 40s, if when OCed the temp gets into the yellow then I will do the NB fix.

Flip that PSU as suggested earlier. Having it in the current configuration will hurt cooling for both the PSU and the 5850 as they will both be battling for the small amount of air that if at the bottom of the case. There's no reason not to have the PSU sucking in and expelling its own air supply separate from the rest of the system.

Theres a temp issue on ur NB,i was seeing an vid review of ur mobo,there is an issue with the contact betn the NB heat sink and chip,his temps were 44 on NB,and after he did some modding he got proper contact and his NB temps dropped to 35-37 u should check the contact of the NB heat sink.

I like the blue fans! Looks pretty good -- the only thing I would consider maybe at a later point is to paint the inside black. I've seen this case painted and it looks awesome!

Nice work

=] good computer bother

so nice.. im also willing to buy a new computer..

Im already waiting 1 year to do it.. I already got the money but I worked a lot since hardware is very expensive due to the difference on local currency and dollar 1 dollar = 3.97 currency here..

So to make a decent build I need 1800 dollar, around $7000 on currency here..

but I will do it when I have not much final test to go on university so I can get a lot of games and really enjoy the computer :P

Wouldn't it be better if you mounted the PSU the other way? so the cables that are not modular would stay closer to the hole from the backplate?

I'd agree. Not only that, you'll get it pulling/pushing air through the lower vent rather than directly in to the case where your components are!

Well guys I did as suggested, flipped the PSU around and also added the 120mm fan that comes with the H50 next to the PSU also pulling air out of the case from the bottom. Still have the H50 Pull/Push set up but changed it to the back of the case with a new better 120mm (70cfm) and the 140mm that comes with the HAF 932 I placed it at the front pulling air in. So now I have more and clean fresh air pulling from the front, since i had placed the H50 set up at the front I noticed it was just pulling warm air that was pulling from the rad into the case. It did improve my cpu temp to a nice 28c idle and the NB tem went down to 38c. thanks for your advice.

Glad its working out for you! Now its time to load up some games, join the OCC community on Steam and Xfire, and get involved! Plus, you can OC the CPU some to really get it going and get the H50 working. :D