Sign in to follow this  
airman

Hello world!

Figured I'd use my new droid x to hop on the site and see how it works. Using the opera app right now. This phone is pretty sweet, no doubt! I really like the swype feature and is really quick and very accurate with only using one finger. Anyone else on a similar droid product?

I love android based phones. I have an ETC EVO and I completely love the phone. Best I've ever owned. I prefer SlideIt vs Swype, but everyone has their own pref. Enjoy the phone! Read talkandroid.com for info on the OS. ;-)

I've got an overclocked Sprint Hero (I specify this because it's unlike the Heros on the other networks)

But yeah Android phones are awesome, and I've gone to the store to play with the EVO but with my overclocks I am plenty happy with my Hero. It felt just as snappy if not more so (smaller screen, so the 730mhz probably does more), and I don't have to pay the extra $10 a month with it.

I am using the HTC Evo as well.. I do not have Swype or anything like that, I am just using the normal typing application.

Most of the time I use the Speech to Text feature anyways so I do not do much typing.

Glad you like your new phone! Welcome to the Droid Community! cheers.gif

I got to play with someones droid x if that counts... On the other hand I think I'll be stuck with my old env2 for awhile :(

I'm disappointed. When reading the thread's title, I thought you meant you started programming for Android, and you had made a Hello World! program.