l1o2l

Overclocked HD 5770, but clocks are not changing?

Oc'ed to 950, 1435 but clocks do not change when I load up the GPU? IT remains at 400 & 900. What gives? Installed latest drivers - 10.6.

it's running in 2d mode. when you load up a game or a stress test that uses the GPU, then it will go to 950-1435. completely normal

How are you loading the gpu and what tool(s) are you using to monitor clock speed?

You can use GPUz to monitor clock speed and even enable logging if you want.

Otherwise you can just fire up an instance of GPUz and a video card stress test like HDR and watch your clocks change. They will change. As CowKing pointed out the only thing you're seeing now is the 2D clock speeds.

Regards,

How are you loading the gpu and what tool(s) are you using to monitor clock speed?

You can use GPUz to monitor clock speed and even enable logging if you want.

Otherwise you can just fire up an instance of GPUz and a video card stress test like HDR and watch your clocks change. They will change. As CowKing pointed out the only thing you're seeing now is the 2D clock speeds.

Regards,

I have the same video card. And if I understand correctly, you are talking about the clocks in the CCC within OverDrive? If so, there is a small little button in OverDrive section of CCC( forgot the name of it ), click on it, and the sliders will appear. There, you can slide the MHZ and power.

I think. Sorry, I am on another computer now.

A simple restart set the clocks, but I began to have artifacts. Should I clock a bit lower and would performance would improve by a noticeable amount?

Your core clock should be ok, but your memory clocks are way too high.

You need to set your memory clock at around 1300Mhz and test there first.

Regardless of what the built in CCC auto overclock utility tells you. I know from experience that the 5770s wont run reliably with that combination of gpu and memory clock speeds.

In all fairness an even more reasonable starting point would be 880 core and 1250 memory and work your way up from there.