cm 690II adv with s/panel

Hey guys i had recently purchased the case listed above....

using the standard case fans.. have a xfire 5770 setup and looking to cool things down

got a few options.. comes with a vga retention bracket with ability to place an 80mm fan and on the side panel a 120 mm fan i think... so my question is which fan placement will give me the best cooling? i live in australia and in summer it gets real hot and want to keep my pc relatively cool..

if you have any other suggestions i am open to them...

Hey guys i had recently purchased the case listed above....

using the standard case fans.. have a xfire 5770 setup and looking to cool things down

got a few options.. comes with a vga retention bracket with ability to place an 80mm fan and on the side panel a 120 mm fan i think... so my question is which fan placement will give me the best cooling? i live in australia and in summer it gets real hot and want to keep my pc relatively cool..

if you have any other suggestions i am open to them...

I have the same case and I put in 3 extra Noctua p14 flx fans. Two on top and one on the side panel. I also installed an 80mmx15mm on the right hand side panel.

Is it cooler? I hope so because more air is being sucked in from the bottom, side and front panel. And more air is being extracted out from the top two 140 fans.

I would use a 120mm-140mm fan rather than 80mm fans for the side side, more air and less noise. Cold air has to be sucked in from the outside and a fan installed on to the vga bracket can't really suck outside air into the case.

Also if you ambient temperature is high, it will seriously affect temperatures inside your case.

If you are not bothered about the noise, go for high rpm fans. More rpm more air. However, high airflow means an increased rate of dust accumulation inside your case, so remember to have a clean every so often.

One final point, make sure you have about the same number of intake fans and exhaust fans. Or at least have more exhaust fans than intake fans. Something to do with negative and positive air pressure. Now, I could be wrong so read up on the internet to be sure.

Have fun