Sign in to follow this  
Waco

Coolermaster HAF 932 mod/build

I missed the massive LCD as a monitor. When using it how bad is the heat output sitting that close?

It's actually a pretty cool-running monitor; you can't feel heat from it unless you put your hand on the back of it. :) Some balk at sitting so close but it makes it *very* easy to see small details that are easy to miss on a normal sized monitor. That, and it's incredibly easy to play drunk. :lol:

For tools all you need is a drill with a 1/8" bit (preferably a pretty sharp one) and a rivet gun with 1/8" by 1/8" steel rivets. After pulling it apart as far as you can you just drill out all of the rivets, paint to your heart's content, then rivet the whole thing back together. If you're careful with the rivet gun you can make it look better than from the factory.

As for the LEDs...I just unplugged them. What's the point in having a power LED when the case glows? What's the point in having a HDD LED when I have an SSD? :P

I absolutely love how much space is inside this case - it takes a LOT to make my 4870X2 look small. :cheers:

nice spray lad.

only thing i would be worryed if you did it the room the pics was taken would be dust. (sprayers worst nightmare)

also was it areosole cannister or gun?

but it's good that some one on here is doing the DIY painting :)

nice spray lad.

only thing i would be worryed if you did it the room the pics was taken would be dust. (sprayers worst nightmare)

also was it areosole cannister or gun?

but it's good that some one on here is doing the DIY painting :)

It was just aerosol. I painted it outside when the wind was completely down then promptly moved it into a bathroom with the AC vents closed to minimize dust. :)

You have far too massive of a TV for being that close. :lol: I'll gladly take it off your hands. :P

Looks very good man, seeing this just makes me want to tear apart my HAF 932 and paint it black. As for the front LEDs, yes they are annoying, but you can always replace them with lower intensity red ones or just grab a piece of black electrical tape if they get in the way of your eyes at night.

http://www.xoxide.com/leds.html#shop-by-misc2