Is it time to put my 4870x2 down??

460GTX vs HD4870x2  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Judging from my review below, which card would you choose??

hmmm, IDK.......I like Nvidia :lol: If you can save the money I would wait for the dual GF104

I don't know about the dual GF104, but I agree you should wait, hang on to the 4870x2 and give the 460 to your cousin. There are rumors that nVidia will release a GTX 475 based on the GF104, which has me interested. Besides, prices will drop.

I don't know about the dual GF104, but I agree you should wait, hang on to the 4870x2 and give the 460 to your cousin. There are rumors that nVidia will release a GTX 475 based on the GF104, which has me interested. Besides, prices will drop.

Hopefully those are true because I think it'd be a killer product.

Thanks for posting the link. I watch enough tech news sites that I'll forget where I read things.

I had been thinking about getting a 460 myself, but would wait for prices to drop and to have $200 I can blow, without any regret (need to buy textbooks soon and other expenses), but with that rumor, I'll wait a bit longer.

i sure hope so .. and if they make a GTX 485 to replace GTX 480 the same way , i think 5870 will have no chance if the price was right :D

Yeah but with this I dont pay anything between the two. i just need to make a decision between the 2 within the next couple of days.

And Coke, you may be onto something, I could run quadfire :rolleyes:

I Was going to crossfire ;O

well yeah, I was just saying if you wanted to overclock them as a "pair" mine would assuredly hold yours back. it only does 750mhz/940mhz (Core/Memory). But you've got me thinking now, should I limit myself to just these cards. Maybe I'll run dual 5770s or get a 5850/470 (perhaps Bosco'll give me his dormant 295 :whistling: ). Damn you!!! :yucky: lol

TBH i think you'd be better with a 460 than a 470, just because of the power usage. You could easily SLI two 460s, but SLI on 470s needs like, a 1000W psu. XD

TBH i think you'd be better with a 460 than a 470, just because of the power usage. You could easily SLI two 460s, but SLI on 470s needs like, a 1000W psu. XD

Yeah...like I'm looking at the review on it (well the Sonic Platinum)....and I fell in love again. It's beating the 470 most of the time and while mine is only the Sonic Vanilla, I still got it 85mhz higher on the core and 80mhz more on the memory so this should beast the 5850 and 470 (stock of course :whistling: )