Got my I7 920 C0

Hello fellow OCCers how u all doing? I finally made the jump to I7. I got a I7 920 C0 stepping. I was wanting to know who all is running the same processor? And what speeds u running at? Is this a good choice for overclocking?

Hello fellow OCCers how u all doing? I finally made the jump to I7. I got a I7 920 C0 stepping. I was wanting to know who all is running the same processor? And what speeds u running at? Is this a good choice for overclocking?

Well, I have the i7-930 DO and this thing OCs like a beast! 2.8 stock up to 4.3GHz stable so far, over 50% Overclock is amazing! Under water of course. But these cpu's can usually get to 4GHz on air! Needless to say, I'm very happy :)

i was amazed these days all you need a voltage bump and a big cooler for 4ghz, let alone a quadcore breaking the mark. i had such a hard time getting 600mhz extra out of my 3000+ 754skt

Edited by hornybluecow

You should have no problem hitting 4.0. You may need 1.27v - 1.3v to hit that 4.0

Good memory would help as well

C0's do not overclock as well as D0 stepping. They also need a considerable amount of voltage compared to a D0.

C0's do not overclock as well as D0 stepping. They also need a considerable amount of voltage compared to a D0.

Very true. I'm uncomfortable leaving my 920 running at above 3.66 Ghz 24/7. Voltage just sky rockets after about 3.3 GHz from what I remember.