dsedean

final fantasy XIV

I know i know but it's one of my pleasures i guess. i had Final fantasy XI anyone have this?

but is anyone looking forward/getting the game?...

i have been granted beta tester but it's been down for over a week now so not had a chance to play it yet.. i had only got to creating character. but looked amazing at just that point.

Hey, I'm in for the Beta as well. The next test is live from tonight/tomorrow morning at 0200 until midnight Thursday.

I've not even had the chance to create a character yet! Hoping that the testing days are more common soon :)

I think I signed up for the beta, but haven't been invited yet. I've never played a FF online game before. So I'm not really sure what to expect.

Never really got into JRPGs

Okay.

:thumbsup:

All jokes aside, this should be more like WoW than a typical FF game to be honest, though it will have similarities of course.

Okay.

:thumbsup:

All jokes aside, this should be more like WoW than a typical FF game to be honest, though it will have similarities of course.

Yeah, I figured an MMO couldn't be fully JRPGish, as that would be rather boring waiting for others to take turns IMO. But in any case, when it comes to MMO, I'm holding out for SWTOR.

Yeah, I figured an MMO couldn't be fully JRPGish, as that would be rather boring waiting for others to take turns IMO. But in any case, when it comes to MMO, I'm holding out for SWTOR.

The more recent Final Fantasy games (XIII for one) have moved away from strictly turn-based battle. FF XIII has a superb battle system that is grossly underrated - and massively misunderstood!

I liked the FF13 battle system. Made my life easier and the game more fast paced. FF12 was good to with gambits. You never had to touch the controller when you got into combat lol.

I liked the FF13 battle system. Made my life easier and the game more fast paced. FF12 was good to with gambits. You never had to touch the controller when you got into combat lol.

Aye, FFXIII was good craic. I sold it on eBay though, as the grinding for side-quests/missions felt quite unrewarding and not much fun (because of the lack of story).

The more recent Final Fantasy games (XIII for one) have moved away from strictly turn-based battle. FF XIII has a superb battle system that is grossly underrated - and massively misunderstood!

I'd say FF7 Crisis Core had the best battle system because it was live action (like Kingdom Hearts). I'm liking turn based less and less. I've seen FFXIII and it's a mixture of both, but why not just be live action?? They push closer and closer to it but refuse to just be done with turn based all together. I understand for MMO's live action might be a little much but for single player there's no excuse, I don't want to click dodge or something and have some virtual probability program decide whether my foe's attack hits me or not, I should be deciding that.

I don't want to click dodge or something and have some virtual probability program decide whether my foe's attack hits me or not, I should be deciding that.

Then the RPG element is removed, and the game is no longer an RPG :)