Windows XP Restarting

DanTheGamer11

Hi Guys,

Sometimes when i shut down my pc it either restarts by itself or shuts down normally. In both cases when I turn it back on the screen where you select what you want to booth after selecting 'Windows XP Media Center 2005' it asks if I want to 'Start Normally' or 'Load last good configuration'. Sometime after selecting either the windows logo pops up and load normally and the the screen turns black and stays black instead of showing the home screen ( the Num Lock light doesn't light up) , and sometimes it turns black and loads normally.

Does anybody know what is happening and what the remedy is?

Hi Guys,

Sometimes when i shut down my pc it either restarts by itself or shuts down normally. In both cases when I turn it back on the screen where you select what you want to booth after selecting 'Windows XP Media Center 2005' it asks if I want to 'Start Normally' or 'Load last good configuration'. Sometime after selecting either the windows logo pops up and load normally and the the screen turns black and stays black instead of showing the home screen ( the Num Lock light doesn't light up) , and sometimes it turns black and loads normally.

Does anybody know what is happening and what the remedy is?

No One?

have you tried to repair your windows installation from the "Recovery" disk (the DVD that came with your computer or whatever you did for buying your machine)

Didn't come with one sadly and this is only recent...thanks for reply though..