Active Users

paulktreg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be game in the winter...our tiny little apartment is really toasty if I have too much electronics on in the summer :(

Perhaps I'll be able to run GPU3 by then?? :cheers:

:foldon: to the guys who are still hanging in there!

Yup it was getting in excess of 90 degrees in my room so I had to stop.

I guess I'm lucky then, because my room normally stays around 80, and I let my computer fold 24/7. If it gets too hot in my room, I turn it off at night and start it up the next morning. Apparently one night is enough for the heat to dissipate.

Unfortunately I can't say I look forward to you all folding again. I like being in the top 100 for the team.

Folding 24/7 in 80 degree temps and all. If my system was quieter it would be in the nice cool living room with the other folding machines.

I have no income. And this is an expensive hobby!

If I can do it anybody could.

And yes my electric bill sucks.

Folding 24/7 in 80 degree temps and all. If my system was quieter it would be in the nice cool living room with the other folding machines.

I have no income. And this is an expensive hobby!

If I can do it anybody could.

And yes my electric bill sucks.

Still at home and my parents don't have me chip into the electric bill, so either there hasn't been enough of an increase for us to warrant my chipping in, or, they haven't figured it out. Don't know for sure, but I'll keep folding as long as I can.

Paul - ditto what a lot of other posters have said. I live in the southeast and our temps are hitting 90F+ every day during this summer. Food in the fridge and keeping the lights and air conditioning turned on take precedence.

When things cool down and I get rid of all my extra "house" guests I'll put three or four machines on the team.

Regards,

Wev

I guess having central air has numerous perks, not the least of which is being able to fold 24/7 without noticing a temp increase in the room.

Like someone else said, climbing the ranks of TEAM 12772 is rewarding, so don't rush back guys :evilgrin: Although, the eye on the big picture says that's the wrong attitude if I recall the benefits folding can potentially have for medicine :unsure:

But just as a matter of interest, anyone know a rough estimate on the amount of energy my rig uses? I pay ~9.5 cents per kwh. :foldon:

... Although, the eye on the big picture says that's the wrong attitude if I recall the benefits folding can potentially have for medicine :unsure:...

You had to point that out, didn't you! Well, what's the point of a leaderboard, if you can't lead on it :P

Doesn't really matter, if I get passed, I get passed. (Though, I'm pulling ~8000PPD now, and got a plan to increase that at :evilgrin:) (eventually :( )