Voltage problem ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU

xdevilox

Hi all,

After my XFX 8800 Ultra broke I bought myself an ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU (not the "TOP" version). I tried overclocking but the card pretty quickly becomes unstable and the driver crashes (using CCC). So I decided to try MSI Afterburner so I could increase voltage (I edited the cfg file to allow "unofficial" OCing and I allowed voltage control in the settings). However, the voltage is unable to be changed. I checked the internet and my card is supposed to have an unlocked voltage so I really don't know what's wrong. I am using ATI's CCC not the ASUS one since it's outdated and my games run smoother on ATI's. I uninstalled ASUS SmartDoctor since it didn't look like such a great app to me and I stuck to CCC. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Specs:

Mobo: Striker Extreme

RAM: 4GB DDR2 (800MHZ)

PSU: 800W

GPU: ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU

CPU: Intel QX6700

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am having the same problem. And more interesting is that my 5850 TOP runs on "only" 1.1V, but as said in review on this page Click it should be 1.18V...

I dont know if that is important, but i used double 6pin pcie power cables on my 5850, instead of one 6pin and one 8 pin power cable(I dont have the 8 pin one on my PSU)...

I achieved 900MHz OC via ati overdrive, but it crashed when runing furmark(i think that 880 would be possible, but i didnt tested it jet)

Bottom line- i realy looked forward to this card, specialy couse of it's OC abilities and hands free Vcore settings...now I am left with only default setting...

Specs:

Phenom x4

Asus m2n32 sli deluxe

Asus 5850 Direct cu top

Antec 500W modular

Hey guys, increasing the voltage is allowed in ASUS Smart Doctor. It may be the only place where you can do so. And BTW Smart Doctor has much more to it than CCC's Overdrive section.

Hello!

I'm using asus smart doctor form start. Funny thing is that if I set core to, lets say 1.2V and restart system, when i get back, smart doctor reports voltage as 1.2V, but I dont have any other way to check if that's true or not. And if i overclock it via smart doctor, it sets voltage back to 1.1V(at least the message says so). Will try with some other monitoring software, just to make sure. Report back in 10.