Intel Core i7-970 Gulftown 3.2GHz

I don't know anyone that would buy that, really.

The only thing I can see that being is a cheaper alternative to the 980x. But REALLY, who would realistically need 12 threads? That's ridiculous.

I don't know anyone that would buy that, really.

The only thing I can see that being is a cheaper alternative to the 980x. But REALLY, who would realistically need 12 threads? That's ridiculous.

Not yet just a lower priced non extreme edition

ha....

if it means anything I still dont have one...neither AMD or Intel... I just cant see spending 300.00 or more for a CPU....

Thats cuz your a tightwad LOL !

Yeah, I don't take extreme processors into account. They are rediculous and anyone that buys them should have thier head examined.

Thats fine but its still a fact. AMD didn't come out of the gate first Intel did thats what I am saying.

I agree with you, some of those prices makes me want to bang my head against the wall :doh:

I don't understand why people will complain about basically the same proc as the 980X but for a hundred dollars less. The 980X is the single most powerful processor in the world and people who need it or just buy it because it is the fastest are clearly willing to pay the price. I in no way could afford this processor but for people who can losing 130mhz and saving $100 may or may not be worth it to them.

If you wan't a cheap top of the line proc get a 920 and throw a cpu cooler on it and run it at 4ghz like the rest of the world.

If you want to cry about how Intel is stupid because they want to make a nice profit out of something that they spent countless millions to develop go ahead and cry about it.

From a business side, companies don't have an issue dropping $1000+ on a CPU. They are not going to overclock so when they go to build a new system chances are they will buy the fastest thing they can buy at the time. From a home user side it just doesn't make sense for them.

I personally have bought CPU's that were over $1000 on more then one occasion. Was it the smartest thing no but I personally felt it was worth it at the time. :)

From a business side, companies don't have an issue dropping $1000+ on a CPU. They are not going to overclock so when they go to build a new system chances are they will buy the fastest thing they can buy at the time. From a home user side it just doesn't make sense for them.

I personally have bought CPU's that were over $1000 on more then one occasion. Was it the smartest thing no but I personally felt it was worth it at the time. :)

I agree. My friend worked for a lab back in 2008 when the qx9770s were going for a thousand each, and the lab had two of those running in every one of their computers.

I personally have bought CPU's that were over $1000 on more then one occasion. Was it the smartest thing no but I personally felt it was worth it at the time. smile.gif

It is quite the opposite.