Problems with temp 75c- i7 930 @ 2.8 Ghz with Corsair H50

leecka

OMG, why would you get another CPU. That is the most rediculous thing I have heard in 4 years.

If you read the previous replies, you would realise that the extra CPU is for another computer and that I am just using it for data collection.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to be real rough on this. Where do you get off suggesting someone RMA a CPU for obviously no reason. Please keep those suggestions off the board my friend. Unless the CPU does not work, this is bad advise.

I had considered returning the CPU back, but I had to be sure that it was not working properly before doing so. So that was why I downloaded the programme from Intel to check the CPU. It passed all the tests.

Those ambient temps are still a little high, normal with stock cooler and no overclock is mid-high 30's. But those load temps are perfectly normal, well done on fixing it :) I guess we will be pushing forward together towards the magical 4 with our 930's :P

yes we shall!!

post-70891-12799301279963_thumb.jpg

@4.011 Mhz, 80+c i think it is acceptable.

Finally, all is working out for me.

nice work man, but those temps are still too hot, i wouldnt be leaving it there in terms of cooling if i was you, i would be still workin to get those temps down. Ill let you know how my overclock goes when i do it, probs gonna be wednesday when i get off work again,

nice work man, but those temps are still too hot, i wouldnt be leaving it there in terms of cooling if i was you, i would be still workin to get those temps down. Ill let you know how my overclock goes when i do it, probs gonna be wednesday when i get off work again,

i am currently at 3.8 Mhz. At load the temp is around 75c. i'll keep it at that rate for the time being.

Hope it works out for you on Wed.

U can rma a CPU,but looks like its not a cpu prob,even with those fans those temps aren't right.

It is not the chip. Unless tou are quailified to examine the chip on a forum, which absolutely nobody can, please, do not ever make a recommendation like this. As you see the OP went out and actually bought a new chip and even if he didn't buy a new one, your RMA advise is very wrong to suggest.

i am currently at 3.8 Mhz. At load the temp is around 75c. i'll keep it at that rate for the time being.

Hope it works out for you on Wed.

thanks man, yeh 75 is probly the limit of what i would let mine reach and still call safe, i dont even think i will allow mine to push 70 when the time comes, but hopefully my cooling solution will be a bit better than what it was by then :) Yeh its probly a bit paranoid, but the kind of work i do with this thing, if it cut out in the middle it would be disastrous, and every degree above 70 is making that more likely, but it could never happen, its a personal decision i guess.

thanks again for the luck, i may need it, its my first time, think i will have OCC forums open on my laptop next to me the whole time lol :D

Edited by Foozle

Check this,try and compare ur temps with these reading @ the same clock speeds. :biggrin:

Thanks for the link. It is a very guide for temps.

I did some research and people with low temps on default settings have low core voltages. So I lowered mine as well to 1v and the temperature dropped further.

temp @100% load (0.944v) 133x22=2.92Mhz, ambient temp 25c

54c 52c 54c 49c

post-70891-12799301279963_thumb.jpg

@4.011 Mhz, 80+c i think it is acceptable.

Finally, all is working out for me.

You should be careful using Prime for temperature testing - IntelBurnTest is a MUCH better program to see how hot your CPU can actually get.

You should be careful using Prime for temperature testing - IntelBurnTest is a MUCH better program to see how hot your CPU can actually get.

Ok, I just simply scanned through all the postings on this thread. I too have an H50 and just got done two weeks of trying to OC. I have the same problem. After toying around with everything involved, I was at 70c while overclocking at 3.8- 3.9 ghz. The temp was just too high.

I checked and research the problem again. The problem in my case was that I INSTALLED THE H50 WRONG ! I had the pump cable and fan cable mixed up and hooked up to the wrong places on the board. My pump was not getting the right power, thus lower RPM. I then went into bios and " turbo " all my fans and power to the pump. It is now at 61c when I oc it. I am not done with my system yet. Tomorrow I am going to add more fans and make the H50 a push pull system. I am hoping to get down to around 54c when OC'd.

You may want to check your wires and good luck.