My first build since a while

thomasg76

I'd go for a Samsung LED, I'm getting one after I get my PC (Samsung PX2370) I have a Samsung monitor now and it has never dissapointed me, I trust Samsung highly for monitors

Yes i def. goo with Samsung. Have had some bad expirience myself with an LG phone and know some other people with problems with their tv's.

At the moment my budget doesn't stretch for the PX serious :-(

I'd be VERY careful with buying a Samsung unless you plan on buying the extended warranty from wherever you purchase the monitor because I can tell you ALL from first hand experience that Samsung has HORRIBLE customer support/warranty service. I used to have a 26.5" ToC Samsung monitor that i bought from Newegg for 550.00 and I had it exactly 34 days when the power supply in the monitor started messing up on me so since Newegg wouldn't replace it for me because it had been longer then 30 days I had to send it to Samsung for repair to some place out in Cali and they had the monitor almost 6 weeks THEN they informed me that it had failed its final inspection after they had so called "fixed" it and it had to be put back on the repair line so Samsung told me they'd send me a refurb'd monitor and I told them I wanted a new one because that's what I had paid for and they told me and I quote, "we dont have any in stock". I heard this EXACT same thing for a month and a half straight and they wouldn't give me a refund/neither would Newegg so when I finally got the refurb'd montior it had 2 dead pixels so I called them again and I had to send it back and they sent me ANOTHER refurb'd one that the front bezel was coming loose on. I finally gave up and just sold the monitor and bought a Acer. Sorry for the book lol but I would REALLY hate to see anyone on here have to go thought what I did because I can assure you it was not pleasant in any way possible and Samsung only cares about you making the purchase not taking care of their customers after that point. I'd think twice before buying anything from Samsung. That's just my 2 cents.

I'd be VERY careful with buying a Samsung unless you plan on buying the extended warranty from wherever you purchase the monitor because I can tell you ALL from first hand experience that Samsung has HORRIBLE customer support/warranty service. I used to have a 26.5" ToC Samsung monitor that i bought from Newegg for 550.00 and I had it exactly 34 days when the power supply in the monitor started messing up on me so since Newegg wouldn't replace it for me because it had been longer then 30 days I had to send it to Samsung for repair to some place out in Cali and they had the monitor almost 6 weeks THEN they informed me that it had failed its final inspection after they had so called "fixed" it and it had to be put back on the repair line so Samsung told me they'd send me a refurb'd monitor and I told them I wanted a new one because that's what I had paid for and they told me and I quote, "we dont have any in stock". I heard this EXACT same thing for a month and a half straight and they wouldn't give me a refund/neither would Newegg so when I finally got the refurb'd montior it had 2 dead pixels so I called them again and I had to send it back and they sent me ANOTHER refurb'd one that the front bezel was coming loose on. I finally gave up and just sold the monitor and bought a Acer. Sorry for the book lol but I would REALLY hate to see anyone on here have to go thought what I did because I can assure you it was not pleasant in any way possible and Samsung only cares about you making the purchase not taking care of their customers after that point. I'd think twice before buying anything from Samsung. That's just my 2 cents.

It seems it doesn't matter what brand or make you get you will always get some lemons. Some other ones told me they would never by an acer or an LG again. Doesn't leave many options open. :-)

Hope your new Monitor is better.

Ok the order has been done, i should be getting al my parts on Wed or Thursday .

I decided to go for the HAF 922 and the 16000 ripjaws with the Asus P6X58D-E and i was actually even luckier as i went to a local shop here in erina and got it priced and it came 80 bucks under the online proces and of course no delivery. That m eans the 120 $ i saved can gop straight on a second harddrive for RAID or a nice Nocturna cooler :-).

Can't wait to get mys stuff. Will be laods of packets and its like christmas hehe.

Obviously i decided iw ill not wait another min 6 month to build a new PC.

So my final setup is :

XFX ATI Radeon HD5870

Intel Core i7 930

Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HD103SJ

Pioneer BDR-205 Blu-ray Disc Writer OEM

Samsung P2350 23 Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM

ASUS P6X58D-E

Corsair HX-750 Power Supply

Leadtek WinFast DTV2000DS Dual HD Tuner

G.Skill Ripjaws F3-16000CL9T-6BRH 6GB

HAF 922

and it came in all under budget of 2450

I will let you guys know how it went next week as soon as i have it up.

Well, all the bits have arrived besides the TV Tuner cad which i can live without for a bit.

Its all set up and so far running good. Looks very nive with the case and the massive XFX card in there.

No its on to overclocking. I just played with the auto settings and got it up to 3960 yesterday. Running a bit hot though, so i will try to get the voltages down. I must say so far it seems everything works fine. i was able to run my memeory straight ahead at 2000 Mhz as well which seems not always to be the case :bounce:

I think i will now move over to the overclocking threads.

Thanks guys for your advice

Don't see an aftermarket cooler on your list, are you using the stock cooler? Perhaps that your problem!

Yes i got the Noctua UD12P SE2. The temp spiked so high because i had some voltages on auto and the asus board just put them up ridiculous