Sign in to follow this  
combssm

Radeon 6000 series 2010 confirmed

Well, the 5000 series launched last year so I don't see that as being 6 months...

:withstupid: Seems to be about a year after. IMO, if AMD pulls off another big hit with the 6k series, I think the green team will be in a whole lot of trouble and I think that it will make the GTX 400 series obsolete.

Edited by saywhut

:withstupid: Seems to be about a year after. IMO, if AMD pulls off another big hit with the 6k series, I think the green team will be in a whole lot of trouble and I think that it will make the GTX 400 series obsolete.

people still need their physx cards :rolleyes: , though I do love me some 460 1GB

You do know that you're a good 4 days late and people here can read normal letters too. Let me guess, your caps lock got stuck?

Ohhh a ranter........... and a troller.......... The funny thing is I live in America and if thats they way I wanted to type the response, It's my perrogative. Are you the Caps lock 5.0 or what? I guess at

3:05 A.M. in the morning you have nothing else to do.

Edited by Drdeath

Ohhh a ranter........... and a troller.......... The funny thing is I live in America and if thats they way I wanted to type the response, It's my perrogative. Are you the Caps lock 5.0 or what? I guess at

As opposed to what? 3:05 A.M. in the afternoon?

Back on topic......

I can remember when video cards were at the most 5-6" long and only took up one slot on your motherboard and barely broke 50C under full load. Now I have a video card that is longer than most ATX motherboards takes up two slots and is used to heat my room during the winter months.....

He lives in Estonia.....meaning it's not at all 3:05am :rolleyes:

Back on topic......

I can remember when video cards were at the most 5-6" long and only took up one slot on your motherboard and barely broke 50C under full load. Now I have a video card that is longer than most ATX motherboards takes up two slots and is used to heat my room during the winter months.....

Hopefully with the 6000 series we see increases in performance and efficiency. :D

Indeed, my little x850xt looked like kiddy toy when my 8800GTX showed up. Things went downhill from there :glare: (as far as size and power consumption went)

What's good is newer "mainstream" graphics cards aim at the last generation's best performance though downsize the board/chip and bump up the efficiency. (IE: 5770 is more efficient and shorter than 4870, or 5870 is the same efficiency as the 4870 but like double the performance)