AMD Phenom II X4 955 C2 and Memory timings

G.Skill DDR3 memory rate @ 1600 mHz 9-9-9-24

Phenom II X4 955 clocked @ 3.6 gHz

Set timings @ 9-9-9-24 but the timings wont take effect -- only 11-11-11-29? Am I doing something wrong?

(Many options in BIOS to set memory timings)

G.Skill DDR3 memory rate @ 1600 mHz 9-9-9-24

Phenom II X4 955 clocked @ 3.6 gHz

Set timings @ 9-9-9-24 but the timings wont take effect -- only 11-11-11-29? Am I doing something wrong?

(Many options in BIOS to set memory timings)

did you increase ram voltage? find out what the max voltage is for your ram and set it at that.

When you overclock and raise the HTT you also raise the frequency on ram. Usually if the HTT is not raised a lot, a minor increase in memory voltage will do the trick at the same timings. Sometimes timings need to be loosened. When the frequency of ram is raised too high, simply try a different multi and adjust your memory divider to compensate. You may have to adjust NB and Hypertransport multi' also to compensate....

For overclocking my CPU, I just adjusted the multiplier from 16 to 18. Left everything else at stock and auto.

Thats your problem. You cannot just adjust the multi. Other things need to be worked over too.

Thats your problem. You cannot just adjust the multi. Other things need to be worked over too.

LOL, yeah. The OC failed, wasn't stable. I'm going to run memtest - I have a feeling I have a bad ram stick. For G.Skill, do we need proof of purchase to return memory?

System doesn't even seem stable @ stock.

---- Test results!

Errors D: in test 7, pics are attached

This eliminates any problems I would have w/ the IMC right?

post-72395-12796421438204_thumb.jpg

Edited by l1o2l