My Upgraded Build Log

Nyt

Hello guys , I just finished my build at the begining of this week and only realised now that I should ask your opinions on my build ,

The parts that arrived : AMD Phenom II X6 1055T , ASUS Crosshair IV Formula and 2x2gb of 2000mhz RAM .

I started off with installing the CPU and RAM first : See 1st pic

Then I started and fitted it in the case : See 2nd pic

Then I fitted the V8 and GTX480 and: See 3rd pic

I got it up to 3.5GHZ all stable with no volt changing on the V8 but am able to do a Super Pi 1M run at 4.4GHZ with volt changing but the cooling cant handle it under load (core temp shows the wrong speed , look at cpu-z): See 4th pic

Any opinions on my build is apreciated , and also any comments on what you think my next upgrade should be .

Hello guys , I just finished my build at the begining of this week and only realised now that I should ask your opinions on my build ,

The parts that arrived : AMD Phenom II X6 1055T , ASUS Crosshair IV Formula and 2x2gb of 2000mhz RAM .

I started off with installing the CPU and RAM first : See 1st pic

Then I started and fitted it in the case : See 2nd pic

Then I fitted the V8 and GTX480 and: See 3rd pic

I got it up to 3.5GHZ all stable with no volt changing on the V8 but am able to do a Super Pi 1M run at 4.4GHZ with volt changing but the cooling cant handle it under load (core temp shows the wrong speed , look at cpu-z): See 4th pic

Any opinions on my build is apreciated , and also any comments on what you think my next upgrade should be .

Great build. IMO Your next upgrade should be a decent cooler thats up to the task of overclocking your X6. Noctua D14 or prolimatech megahalems would be much better the the v8.

Yeah , im going try organise it into the HDD bays , I could organise the cables coming out of the psu to run across the bottom and into the HDD bays but I sacrificed that option for a 120mm fan to blow cool air into the graphics card fans :biggrin: , it lowered my gpu temps by 5 degrees because the air it sucks is very close to the ground and its very cold air but there is also dust , so I have to clean it out of my system every 2 weeks .

Also, do you guys think it would be better if I paint the inside black ?