Sign in to follow this  
dsedean

cross fire noob!

I have come to find that crossfiring your cards is best.

for me this is new.

what i would like to know is the following:

what parts would i need?

what it invovles?

what would i need to do to connect them?

just the basic questions and answers really i am sorry to ask but as the saying goes "it's better to ask"

many thanks

Dean, UK

I have come to find that crossfiring your cards is best.

for me this is new.

what i would like to know is the following:

what parts would i need?

what it invovles?

what would i need to do to connect them?

just the basic questions and answers really i am sorry to ask but as the saying goes "it's better to ask"

many thanks

Dean, UK

You need 2 crossfire cards, The best way to do this is buy matching cards. It requires a motherboard that supports crossfire which you can find out from your mainboard manual or website. You also need to have a good airflow case and power supply that supports it. The 2 cards will come with the cable that is needed to connect them so you don't need to worry about that. If you list the rest of the system we can get a better idea of what you may need to change.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/technology/Pages/crossfirex.aspx

well i am in the middle of deciding what motherboard to buy at the minute my cousin has just told me he can get a foxconn-bloodrage.

£80 not £210 :) was just told this 20mins ago but ill only get it.

the cards i want is the 5830 card

well i am in the middle of deciding what motherboard to buy at the minute my cousin has just told me he can get a foxconn-bloodrage.

£80 not £210 :) was just told this 20mins ago but ill only get it.

the cards i want is the 5830 card

I advise you look at SLI. It is a similar technology, but from NVIDIA. The newly released GTX460 performs better than the HD5830, and it costs the same.

I advise you look at SLI. It is a similar technology, but from NVIDIA. The newly released GTX460 performs better than the HD5830, and it costs the same.

can it run the AMD Phenom II X6 as i just had to turn down the one my cousin offerd me... i want that processor and i am willing to build around that. :)

hence i need to do more research on this matter and more

many thanks

Dean, UK

yessir :thumbsup:

right so all i need to do is buy just two of that yes? and it's sorted? i wouldent need to buy anything different no?

I think this is the last question and i am sorted on the card front (i also found the same graphics card but just bit better) ***850mhz instead of the 800mhz***

for just £4 more then the one i showed.

right so all i need to do is buy just two of that yes? and it's sorted? i wouldent need to buy anything different no?

I think this is the last question and i am sorted on the card front (i also found the same graphics card but just bit better) ***850mhz instead of the 800mhz***

for just £4 more then the one i showed.

just the two and everything else is sorted. enjoy!

Crossfiring 2 cards may not always be best. If you own a card, yes adding another will add 30% more performance. 2 cards DO NOT DOUBLE THE PERFORMANCE. When buying a card(s) sometimeS a better model will outperform 2 x lesser models. For instance, a 5870 will outperform 2 x 5770's and I think a single 5850 will too. FYI

Edited by Drdeath