cross fire noob!

Crossfiring 2 cards may not always be best. If you own a card, yes adding another will add 30% more performance. 2 cards DO NOT DOUBLE THE PERFORMANCE. When buying a card(s) sometimeS a better model will outperform 2 x lesser models. For instance, a 5870 will outperform 2 x 5770's and I think a single 5850 will too. FYI

over time i want two, but i'll start with one either 5870 or 5830 both are approx same spec but £100 difference. so what ever one i get first or go for i will buy a second exact one after i got enough pennies.

but these two cards struck me the best. i would prefure a green looking card but looks like i'll have to have a tad bit of red :)

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling the OP needs to do a LOT more research before building a PC? I mean not trying to be an ahole but if you need to ask if a CPU is compatible with a motherboard and if something will run crossfire when its clearly laid out in the specs, then you are going to have issues putting a PC together from scratch.