Forum 'Reputation System' Enabled For All Users

I'd give you negative rep for all your posts like this. :lol: If I could.. :P

So basically the rep can only be dolled out to regular members and not staff?

Yes - or I'd have minus 1m for peeing on bonfires.

Yes - or I'd have minus 1m for peeing on bonfires.

Peeing on bonfires is to be commended, pee on the fireworks as well. You'd definately get plus rep from me for such an admirable action.

Only the admins can see who has given / received rep.

due to my inherent propensity for learning the hard way i feel this entire thread and initiating content may be wasted on me...but you guys go ahead and have fun with it !!

• Like 1

Only the admins can see who has given / received rep.

I think there should be some way to at least see which threads your up/down votes came from.

Maybe an option in the forums to "Search by all positively reputation" or a "show all scored posts".

You could even make that option donator only.

:)

• Like 3

Just found out that you can also view a person's rep by clicking the little green arrow thingy next to the member name. It's a little quicker than looking at the profile page. :)

Oh, and one other thing in case anyone hasn't found it yet. There is a link at the bottom of each topic page that says something like "Currently hiding posts below x points. Change threshold?" or "Currently viewing all posts. Change threshold?". This allows you to hide post that are below a certain threshold. If you set this, it will apply globally. Of course, you will still see hidden content that is quoted. A notice message will also appear there if you have a threshold set and there are hidden posts.

So any thoughts on this?

I think there should be some way to at least see which threads your up/down votes came from.

Maybe an option in the forums to "Search by all positively reputation" or a "show all scored posts".

So any thoughts on this?

I would say - not just yet because most people aren't used to this newness and if u search by anything be it positive, scored or negative... you'll end up with 1 or 2 posts per full page. I personally haven't used the +/- feature yet at all...

I say, first focus on getting the rep thingy to do everything that you want it to, and then (if at all) add this. Plus... how would u see the Admins posts if you search by those criteria? Unless it's tweaked to show admin's posts always.

Edited by ballist1x