symlinks program and user folder

lost

well i need to do this sooner or later or the ssd will just die of neglect. lol. i read this guide on lifehacker.com on moving the user folder

http://lifehacker.com/5467758/move-the-users-directory-in-windows-7

would moving the program files in that same manner be effective? i remember years ago when i tried to change the default program directory to another drive for windows xp, some programs didnt like that and would give me errors (speciallythe radeon app)

Are you trying to just move a clone from the existing drive to a new drive?

Im kind of confused on exactly what you're trying to do.

doing a fresh windows 7 install on the SSD. since its only 80 gb, it's not enough for all the programs/games. i saw that link on how to move your users folder to D:\ and hard link. so i was wondering if that would be possible to do with the Program folder as well.

You could move the users folder to the D: drive, but I think you'd be better off just installing Windows7, including the users directory to the SSD, and then just install all of your other program/apps on the D: drive.

80Gb should be more than enough to install Win7 and current/future windows updates, as well as hardware drivers. At most you're looking at using 20-25Gb of the SSD if you go with 64-bit, a little less than that if you go with 32-bit.