Forum Wars - 2011 - Discussion/Taunting Thread

scr4wl

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only 5 late submissions from each forum so the first 5 from OCC to post there on the last day take up those places . So basically , if you snooze you lose . Try not to post late .

IMO, everyone should already have their scores posted before the last 3 days of the competition. Those last 5 submissions should go to the members who A) already have posted thier results of the 4 benchmarks (which should be everyone ;) and B) can obtain the highest point difference from their previous high scores. I think the last 5 submissions are for increasing an already posted score, not last minute submission, as everyone should already have their scores posted anyway. So Nyt, maybe you should think about not 1st come 1st server, but the 5 scores that can help a team the most by gaining higher OC's!

Also, if this free Vantage thing results in some OCC members getting a 0, using the free version, then that is rediculous and bad form on the part of the competition :cheers: I hope this isn't really the way it is!

Also, if this free Vantage thing results in some OCC members getting a 0, using the free version, then that is ridiculous and bad form on the part of the competition :cheers: I hope this isn't really the way it is!

Thats why i am saying to save it for the oced results. Or i could do an oced run now then see if i can do a stock run afterwards. That way i get the highest points possible. (i say 'i' but this could apply to any forum member)

Actually I just installed Vantage on another PC, did not enter my registration code. Set it up as a free trial run, and after Vantage was finished, it says something about only being able to submit 1 score with the free trial. After I closed the web FutureMark web page, I decided to click "Run" on Vantage again to see what happened, and the test fired right up! It is running right now, so I will post back the results if it shows me another score!

EDIT: Nope, it does not work. Looks like if you wanted more than 1 free run, you would have to use different emails for the free code

Edited by SpeedwayNative

IMO, everyone should already have their scores posted before the last 3 days of the competition. Those last 5 submissions should go to the members who A) already have posted thier results of the 4 benchmarks (which should be everyone ;) and B) can obtain the highest point difference from their previous high scores. I think the last 5 submissions are for increasing an already posted score, not last minute submission, as everyone should already have their scores posted anyway. So Nyt, maybe you should think about not 1st come 1st server, but the 5 scores that can help a team the most by gaining higher OC's!

Also, if this free Vantage thing results in some OCC members getting a 0, using the free version, then that is rediculous and bad form on the part of the competition :cheers: I hope this isn't really the way it is!

Ok I have got free time so I will update the teams in a short while , so far here are the answers I have gotten ...

I have no control over who posts in the last 3 days at TRP , first come first served . I would change it if I could but I cant

So the free version should be fine but if you can , get a $6 version .

We can start OC'ing right now but you can only post stock scores as per the rules

They recommend you get the basic version for $6 which would allow you to do as many runs as you would like on the performance preset . A link is required not a screenshot.

Raymo has given me an idea for us and I will speak to Bosco about this and see if it can work . I'll let you know in pm what he says.

You can continually increase you OC'ed scores . There are two times they tally up your score , in the middle of the competition and at the end Also.. there are 2 times that the rankings are added up , once at the end (as in previous contests) and once in the middle (this is new to encourage early posting)

Both rankings are added together for the Overall winner of the wars

You can see if you're registered here : http://caregiversath...er_Registration

And also , Stock scores are NOT required, just reccomended..

Im going to update the teams now ...

Ok guys Bosco agreed .

You should be seeing something special in the benchmark section . For those of you who participated in previous wars you know what it is .

Ok I have gotten some more info ...

The free version wont work , we need to save the score and give a link but the free version does NOT give the option to save the score on the ORB . So if you want to have a Vantage score you will have to buy the $6 basic version or count your vantage score as 0.

The class rankings are added up twice , once in the middle and once at the end ...

So if the rankings in the middle of the war are

I.E :

Class E :

TRP = 1st

OCC= 2nd

OCF= 3rd

those class rankings are added to the last Rank at the end of the war

I.E :

Class E :

TRP= 1st

OCF=2nd

OCC=3rd

they add up, like this

TRP=2

OCF=5

OCC=5

The lowest added rankings score wins

Basicly eash forum adds up all it's rankings for all classes (twice)

So it's important to get good scores in early (if we want to win)

On an unrelated note, I think that this has been badly organized on OCC's part. It's hard to find info and there are things all over the place.

Also I never confirmed that I would be taking part. And for the reasons above I won't be.

On an unrelated note, I think that this has been badly organized on OCC's part. It's hard to find info and there are things all over the place.

Also I never confirmed that I would be taking part. And for the reasons above I won't be.

I came in to take over and try regain control of things . Its hard to try organise a team when the TRP requires a sign up thread and discussion and to confirm things we had to have a Post you build thread to see if everybody is still participating .

I can fill a spot if needed. I can enter E, F or G.

You posted that in the Forum War 2011 Post you builds thread

Please do not post your specs if you do not want to participate.

This is in the first post in the build thread , not to be mean but please read before you post .

I came in to take over and try regain control of things . Its hard to try organise a team when the TRP requires a sign up thread and discussion and to confirm things we had to have a Post you build thread to see if everybody is still participating .

I must admit, TRP don't seem to make things easy.

You posted that in the Forum War 2011 Post you builds thread

This is in the first post in the build thread , not to be mean but please read before you post .

Ok, I posted in the wrong thread.

I have no control over who posts in the last 3 days at TRP , first come first served . I would change it if I could but I cant

1st off Nyt, you arrived on the scene as a mod helping out with this contest pretty late. Just wanted to say thanks for everything you have done so far, and will do in getting OCC as ready as possible, last minute or not!

Could we make an OCC rule on posting during the last 3 days at TRP, so that those final 5 submissions can be regulated based on score increase? Maybe a thread for posting an improved score as one of the last 5, to see who will be allowed one of those 5 spots and ensuring that they go to the OCC members who can show the biggest increase in score, which would be better for the individual, the team, and OCC :biggrin: So basically over the last 3 days, if an OCC member wants one of the 5 allowed spots for late submission, they post their scores on a thread here 1st, and if they have the biggest improvement, then post that score at TRP :cheers: