Forum Wars - 2011 - Signup Thread

scr4wl

Shouldn't RJR be in Class D since Class E is 8-9 handicap points and RJR has 10 handicap points ?

Another thing , in the rules it says "No modded or tweaked drivers" , does this include Nvidia's Beta drivers they release ?

Yep, Thanks, I updated the handicap but didn't change the class :rolleyes:

The rules state "Any Released Drivers", I would think that a Beta driver falls into that description (as long as you don't tweak or mod it), but I'm sure Taco will confirm or deny this for you.

Another thing , in the rules it says "No modded or tweaked drivers" , does this include Nvidia's Beta drivers they release ?

There is a discussion thread for this kind of question. :P They should be fine, but Ill need to check and get back to you on that. I have no problem with them in the mock war for the time being. :)

There is a discussion thread for this kind of question. :P They should be fine, but Ill need to check and get back to you on that. I have no problem with them in the mock war for the time being. :)

I'd post in the discussion thread but it just seems too quiet over there, lol . I should get stocks scores in the mock wars soon , but I'll have to miss out on the Vantage bench since I cant verify the score on the damn trial edition and I cant purchase it cause I live in South Africa , I'll just have to work extra hard on the other scores .My HD5970 should arrive just in time at the end of the month to get some stocks scores in before its oc'ing time .

I'd post in the discussion thread but it just seems too quiet over there, lol

That's because no one posts there. :P

Don't worry about Vantage for right now. I'll need to look but I may have an unused license laying around you can have for the actual war.

Thanks Taco , I just got my new 5970 so I should be doing some scores soon . I just have to get rid of these old Nvidia drivers with a format and then get the latest ATI drivers and Crossfire Profiles .

Though the rules thread mentions that you can't do on the fly affinity changes, but can you do on the fly overclock changes (AOD or MSI Afterburner perhaps)? The way that it is presented to me sounds like those things should be fine but I want to make sure since its almost the same thing as a BIOS overclock just done while the system is already running.

Though the rules thread mentions that you can't do on the fly affinity changes, but can you do on the fly overclock changes (AOD or MSI Afterburner perhaps)? The way that it is presented to me sounds like those things should be fine but I want to make sure since its almost the same thing as a BIOS overclock just done while the system is already running.

Afterburner will be fine. :)

I'm not 100% sure on AOD, but I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to use it. Go ahead and use it for the Mock War, I'll double check before the actual war takes place.