geoxile

Basics of watercooling?

Anyone have a link to a site with information of water cooling and set up/maintenance, recommendations, things like that?

Something I can read up on, like a resource site.

Thanks

I've been looking around this site, and others as well. I think it's out of my price range to be perfectly though heh. I was planning on maybe getting a GTX 470 and a VGA only loop but it was 300 in total (the same price as the 470 itself D:). A somewhat basic set up compared to the higher ends as well.

I would suggest getting your Gtx470 and enjoying it as it comes, air cooled for a while. Then if you want to go H20 you could get it up and runnign on an old bit of kit to familiarise yourself with the process of water cooling. The last thing you want to do is shell out 300 on the gtx and another 300 for the water setup only to have one fry the other.If you get the water setup on an old rig then you don't care too much if it leaks first time round, you can fix it and move on. Then when you are ready all you need to get is some more tube and clamps and probably a different waterblock which will help spread the costs.

I got the GTX 460, decided to get something cheap and wait. I went to OCN and took a look at their guides, extensive stuff. I decided I'll wait on setting up a loop but at least I know what to do now

And yea :/ it does get expensive even for a basic VGA loop.