Sign in to follow this  
SpeedCrazy

Motherboard Choice

GA-EX58-UD5  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 a good choice of mother board?

• Yes
    • No i would pick something else.

I am choosing hardware for my first time buildMy link

and am wondering if this is the motherboard i should use. If you think i should use something else please say what you would choose.

Thanks

If ur going to be Ocing 24/7 i would go for this mobo,if u want to save some cash i would go for the x58a-udr3.

If ur going to be Ocing 24/7 i would go for this mobo,if u want to save some cash i would go for the x58a-udr3.

Save $ with the UD3!!!!! It will overclock as well. He doesn't own either board so I do not know how he can tell.....

My results are very impressive

453stable.png

They overclock basically the same. Difference is in features IMO. Do you have either baord?

I dont own either the mobo but the UD5 has better chipset cooling and will also have more headroom than the UD3R.

I dont own either the mobo but the UD5 has better chipset cooling and will also have more headroom than the UD3R.

If you do not own either board then how can you choose one????I do own the UD3. My overclock is as good if not better than the UD5. Chipsets cooling is a non factor as they run very cool on the UD3. I haven't seen a better overclock on the UD5 with my 930. OP, the UD3 is fine. The UD5 is basically additional features. Overclocking will be just about the same with both boards.

I went that route before and had a UD3 and upgraded to a UD5 with my AMD rig..... Guess what.. Same overclocks. IMO, 98% of the overclock is in the processor. Sometimes one can get a lucky motherboard and sometimes an unlucky motherboard.

"They overclock basically the same. Difference is in features IMO. Do you have either baord?"

What does IMO mean?

Sorry about the makeshift quote but my post editor thing is not working.

"They overclock basically the same. Difference is in features IMO. Do you have either baord?"

What does IMO mean?

Sorry about the makeshift quote but my post editor thing is not working.

In My Opinion

Does anyone know where either board is available since i started my research the UD5 has gone out of stock at newegg and is alot more expensive on amazon.

Does anyone know where either board is available since i started my research the UD5 has gone out of stock at newegg and is alot more expensive on amazon.

where do you live??

Does it matter i will have to buy on internet. If it does SC.