Movie sequels better than the original

InCrYsIs

Drunken Master 2

+1 ... Drunken Master 2 is one of Jackie Chan's best movies ever! :D

I actually ordered it from Hong Kong in like 1998 or something, before ordering DVDs online was easy lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Back to the Future II (I mean I love the first one but the second one has a flying Delorean!!!)

Clerks II (though the first is biting at it's toes)

Hellboy 2

XXX 2......j/k, I've never seen it but the first Triple X is one of my faves.

Bourne Identity was already epic, then came along the Bourne Supremacy which was on par with the Identity, but then you had your Bourne Ultimatum, which just completely took the cake! Bourne 1 ~ 2 < 3!

+1 ... Drunken Master 2 is one of Jackie Chan's best movies ever! :D

I actually ordered it from Hong Kong in like 1998 or something, before ordering DVDs online was easy lol

It was the first movie I bought in VCD format - Yay ChinaTown!

Ones I agree with:

- T2

- Aliens (2nd movie)

- Drunken Master 2

- The Dark Knight

- Home Alone 2

- Empire Strikes Back

- Godfather 2

- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

- Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan

- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ...tho Lost Ark is so close I almost left this off

- Bourne Identity series ...I agree with King, they kept getting better

If we could include Remakes as sequels

- Star Trek (2009) ...instead of Wrath of Khan

- Hulk (2008)

Ones not mentioned:

- X-Men Origins: Wolverine

- Rush Hour 2

- Gremlins 2

I seriously doubt anyone will agree with me on my additions, especially since most people actually hated X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But I really enjoyed it.

Really though, I can't honestly think of any other sequels I'd consider adding to the list. You can tell by Rush Hour 2 and Gremlins I'm easily amused. They are definitely not deserving of "omg, bestest sequel ever!" ...it's like rating best sequel for B ranked movies :P

Terminator 2 and The Godfather 2 stick out for me as far as better than the original.

Terminator 2 is meh... it doesn't have anything like the feel of the original - plus James Cameron is a douche.

The Godfather 2, yeah - but only when watched immediately after the first one.

The Dark Knight

Dude, hell no. GTFO. :lol:

Empire Strikes Back

:withstupid:

I don't think Iron Man 2 was better than the original

:withstupid:

28 Weeks Later (VERY arguable)

28 Days Later is a masterpiece, up until the point where the soldiers are introduced... if you cut it there, there's no question it's better than Weeks. I would however say that it is as good as the whole film put together.

Bourne Identity was already epic, then came along the Bourne Supremacy which was on par with the Identity, but then you had your Bourne Ultimatum, which just completely took the cake! Bourne 1 ~ 2 < 3!

The original is still the best, but I would agree that Ultimatum is pretty damn good. Better than Supremacy for sure.

Absolutely, I used to be able to quote pretty much everything in that movie.

I could possibly still do it but I'm not sure.

:P

Bumble bee tuna.....BUMBLE BEE TUNA!!..........Excuse me, your balls are showing....Bumble bee Tuna :teehee:

So true my friend!

Ones not mentioned:

- Rush Hour 2

- Gremlins 2

I seriously doubt anyone will agree with me on my additions, especially since most people actually hated X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But I really enjoyed it.

Really though, I can't honestly think of any other sequels I'd consider adding to the list. You can tell by Rush Hour 2 and Gremlins I'm easily amused. They are definitely not deserving of "omg, bestest sequel ever!" ...it's like rating best sequel for B ranked movies :P

No I'm with ya on that, I like the Wolverine movie alot. Especially with the Deadpoolness :thumbsup:

Ones not mentioned:

- Rush Hour 2

- Gremlins 2

i liked wolverine. but isn't it technically a prequel and not a sequel? :P

i forgot about home alone 2. that movie was epic back in the day. and ace ventura nature calls.