Dragon Age: Origins 2

InCrYsIs

You may want to send it back after seeing this, InCrysis...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii/user-reviews

Ho-ly-crap...

Yeah, its terrible. I have 30 days for unopened game. If they don't do something quick it is gone. I don't need a console port RPG POS. Console gamers are lame and this is what they need to fill the empy void in their soul. They are lucky to have a spiritual guide like EA on their side.

Its released in 2 days for Europe and South Africa's getting it too , I hope new drivers fix up the problems . Maybe DX9 will work fine .

If I can't play it in DX11....fudge it.

Edited by InCrYsIs

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, its terrible. I have 30 days for unopened game. If they don't do something quick it is gone. I don't need a console port RPG POS. Console gamers are lame and this is what they need to fill the empy void in their soul. They are lucky to have a spiritual guide like EA on their side.

If I can't play it in DX11....fudge it.

Just grab it from the bargain bin man. To be completely honest it really doesn't even sound like a Bioware title. It doesn't sound worth the technical hassle, and definitely not the price so just grab it from the bargain bin some other time. I will, eventually.

Its just rediculous. DAO was so awesome. Not flawless but for me it was the perfect fantasy RPG. I have never played through an RPG as much as DAO. Except Diablo 2 of course. I just don't understand. Do console gamers really have them by the nuts? I want to go home and smash my PS3. But I can't because it is my blu-ray player.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Some of the dialog scenes are a bit choppy. However all the combat scenes, so far are pretty smooth. The character model hands in this game look pretty horrible. Running as Dx9 mode.

Overall enjoying the game. Just wish I knew there was an archer companion, before I went full fledge archer on my main character.

The combat playstyle seems pretty similar to DA1 to me. I still find my self positioning my characters and pausing to strategize. Combat is just a bit more intense with more gore. Although controlling in combat seems a bit clumsy.

"Enchantment?.....Enchantment!...."

Edited by Krazyxazn

I didn't bother reading threw all the posts, but I have been playing the game and am enjoying it quite much.

Dragon Age is a story driven game, it was that way with DOA, the gameplay I will admit isn't the best, but the world makes up for it.

I spent over 100 hours playing DOA. Name a game these days besides world of warcraft, where you can get that much story. You can't

I am actually enjoying the story, its nice that there are returning characters, and that it dose take into consideration your DOA save. I had to find my save hidden in about 4TB worth of data lol, but I found it none the less..

The game play feels more epic too, alot more enemies during battles. The city is amazing to, the graphics upgrade they gave the game is a nice touch.

I am sad that some of the voice actors didn't return, like Ander's character is done by a different person now, and dosen't feel the same. Feels much more serious, he used to be the comic relief character of the group, which is what I liked about him, and is why I always had him in the party. So idk we will see, I was happy to see Kate Mulgrow reprise her role as Flemeth though :)

The game dose feel like it was made for the console, but what can you expect these days, most games for PC are console ports now and days. It is a good port however, the menus work well.

Well, I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying it at least :) I planned to buy it but I don't want it to be a waste, so I might download it and see what I think?

Honestly, when I saw the user reviews my jaw absolutely dropped. I don't think I've ever been more shocked by a games reception before.

EDIT: It turns out that it was a 4Chan raid. For goodness sake.

Edited by Danrik

Direct from Bioware forum moderator:

We are aware that some people are having problems with running DX11 and Dragon Age II. We are investigating all issues, but before reporting your issues here please try the following:

Shut Down Dragon Age II

Nvidia Card users, download the new Nvidia drivers here: Nvidia Drivers

ATI Card users, download the new ATI drivers here: ATI Drivers

Restart Dragon Age II

We’re currently working with AMD and nVidia on the following issues:

#1 Severe slowdowns on very high details on nVidia (game running at less than 10 FPS). *Note: Some users are still reporting “low framerates” in the 30’s, assuming it should run better on their PC. The very high detail is very demanding from the hardware, especially when running at a very high resolution. Any of the following can be tried to improve performance:

Use a lower antialiasing setting or turn antialiasing off completely

Disable v-sync

Use lower anisotropic filtering levels

Disable the diffusion depth of field effect

Disable the screen space ambient occlusion effect

Reduce screen resolution

Reduce graphics detail.

#2 Game hangs on ATI cards. This is the specific driver that is needed. Going to the AMD site to search for a driver may not give them this early preview driver they need.

#3 When trying to improve performance, make sure there are no custom options set in your video card control panel (NVIDIA control panel or Catalyst Control Center) and everything is set to defaults. Some of the options there may severely affect performance. Anti-aliasing transparency specifically has been seen to affect performance heavily.

If none of the above help resolve your issues, please post any information you can in this thread.

After I swapped to Dx 9 mode the game has been running pretty smooth. Not paying to much attention to the graphics once the fighting starts and giblets fly everywhere :D

Most everyone I know is doing that but that is unacceptable in my world, so I will wait the 30 days to see what happens before I return the game. I will give them the chance. Nvidia should have the full release drivers out by then.

Kiting :D Healing spells have such a long cooldown :(

Most everyone I know is doing that but that is unacceptable in my world, so I will wait the 30 days to see what happens before I return the game. I will give them the chance. Nvidia should have the full release drivers out by then.

Why don't you just return it now and buy it after 30 days. Save some money from any future discounts.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Most everyone I know is doing that but that is unacceptable in my world

Playing on DX9 while waiting for a patch is unacceptable? :blink: Must not really want to play then. :lol: