SpeedCrazy

My First Time Build

Hi

This is my first time building a computer so i will probably have lots of crazy questions, please humor me and answer them to the best of your ability.

Okay i am wanting to build a reasonably fast computer for visual media creation and editing plus normal work, word excel and the occasional games.

How does this sound:

Antec P193 case

Antec CP 850w

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

I7 920

G.Skill 4GB DDr3 1600

CM Hyper 212 Plus RR-BIO-212P-G1

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200rpm

MSI ATI Radeon HD4670 1 GB DDR3

Please suggest any changes, but try and keep them in the same price range.I have LIMITED budget.

Thanks in advance. :thx:

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that this motherboard could run DDR2 and DDR3.

I will check.

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that this motherboard could run DDR2 and DDR3.

I will check.

I believe you meant dual channel and triple channel not DDR2 and DDR3 because I can assure you no X58 mobo runs DDR2.

All X58 boards will work with two sticks of RAM, just everyone goes with three to take advantage of the new triple channel memory. Dual channel works perfectly fine but hardly anyone does it.. nothing wrong with it if money is tight but to get the max performance, triple channel is preferred.

I think the build is solid. If you can afford it, I'd go for the HD 5670 instead of the 4670 for the added boost.

Thanks

I intend to start with this set of 4 GB ram and then as i can afford it add another set and again. So i want to end up with 12GB.

What does DDR3 or DDR2 mean?

Also can the HD5670 run in crossfire?

Before you answer that question am i correct that to run i crossfire means to run mulitple Graphics cards at once, improving quality? If this is incorrect disregard this question.

Yes, the HD 5670 can run in Crossfire. Crossfire is where you have two (or more) graphics cards running in parallel to improve image quality. Where one card may get you 30 frames per second, two cards may get you 45 to 50 or higher.

How much of an improvement would the HD5670 be over the HD4670?

As in would it be better to get the HD5670 or run 2 HD4670?

The HD5670 is comparable to a HD 4770.

I don't think it's necessary to run 2 4670s. It will perform better gaming wise, but a single HD5670 is excellent for blue ray, hd videos and other normal uses.

Ok thanks

Do you know anywhere to get the HD5670 for a good price?

Also everyone please give your opinion of my proposed build. I need to know how well it will work.

For gaming.

Once you get a decent system say a [email protected] the video card will make a bigger difference

that anything else.

An I7 with a $100 video card is not going to be as good a gamer as a C2d with a $300 card.

The I7 will be more future proof though so later on when you do buy a better video card.