My First Time Build

SpeedCrazy

Solid choice in the new case. I'm thinking of that for a new build.. sdy has one and he loves it. I believe it has better airflow than the P193 but I could be mistaken. Fan controllers all around as well so you can make it quiet.

Solid choice in the new case. I'm thinking of that for a new build.. sdy has one and he loves it. I believe it has better airflow than the P193 but I could be mistaken. Fan controllers all around as well so you can make it quiet.

+1 for the 1200. just dont get it if you move your case around alot (i.e. lan parties). its damn heavy. the default fans are almost silent when all on low. but crank them to the max and its like a wind tunnel. the dust filters are great too. which reminds me i need to clean mine :P. also it fits the longest video cards and tallest heatsinks

I would agree on the better airflow, it is also 10 bucks cheaper.

Any thoughts on the setup as a whole. I need to be confident that it is worth the money before i buy it.

Hi

This is my first time building a computer so i will probably have lots of crazy questions, please humor me and answer them to the best of your ability.

Okay i am wanting to build a reasonably fast computer for visual media creation and editing plus normal work, word excel and the occasional games.

How does this sound:

Antec P193 case

Antec CP 850w

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

I7 920

G.Skill 4GB DDr3 1600

CM Hyper 212 Plus RR-BIO-212P-G1

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200rpm

MSI ATI Radeon HD4670 1 GB DDR3

Please suggest any changes, but try and keep them in the same price range.I have LIMITED budget.

Thanks in advance. :thx:

If you are into visual creations have you considered AMD as a option there new X6 chips may be a better option for this type of use.

I went with the 1055T because I didn't see a point in paying the extra 100 for an unlocked multi, generaly I have always gone with the BE chips in the past like the 1090T but the 1055T is just as capable of the same OC with in a few hundred MHz, I also have the MSi 890FXA GD70 which has been a great board thus far.

For general use which is better for the money AMD or intel?

I am wishing my budget would extend to a Ex58a-ud7, it looks worth the extra bucks.

Or rampage Extreme II. ((sighs) or whilst i am dreaming Rampage Extreme III)