Sign in to follow this  
dr_bowtie

[PC] Grim Dawn (New Game coming soon)

"Art Direction" as in art style, not in terms of graphical detail.

It is still in pre-alpha, meaning everything could change by the time it reaches alpha.

It is still in pre-alpha, meaning everything could change by the time it reaches alpha.

Gameplay mechanics can change, rarely does a game's art style change. I don't have an issue with the gameplay nor the graphical detail level. So this whole its only pre-alpha argument doesn't work for me.

Gameplay mechanics can change, rarely does a game's art style change. I don't have an issue with the gameplay nor the graphical detail level. So this whole its only pre-alpha argument doesn't work for me.

Like I said, I felt it had a gritty feel to it, which I liked. The game is essentially post-apocalyptic and I felt it showed that.

You must not recall Diablo III's art style changing then.

All they did was make a larger light radius. This game's art style is too similar to HoN, another game's art style I don't like.

The only similarity I see between Grim Dawn and HoN, is they're both dark. You can up your brightness if that bothers you ;)

All they did was make a larger light radius. This game's art style is too similar to HoN, another game's art style I don't like.

Right, because a "larger light radius" causes fans to start a petition to remove the cartoony World of Warcraft style.

Right, because a "larger light radius" causes fans to start a petition to remove the cartoony World of Warcraft style.

They were using that art style from the start. I hardly call that a change. Change is mid-way, not from the get go.

The art style of the Diablo Franchise changed, but the art-style of Diablo 3 did not. That's the important note to take away. A single iteration, and not a series.

Edited by AZNguyen

They were using that art style from the start. I hardly call that a change. Change is mid-way, not from the get go.

A drastic change in art style would have been if Diablo 2: LoD looked like Diablo 3. Not a game made years later that used a different art style.

Blizzard Irvine completely changed the style Blizzard North had started for Diablo III. When Blizzard North closed, Blizzard Irvine redid everything to fit the more cartoonish style the Irvine studio is known for.

Blizzard Irvine completely changed the style Blizzard North had started for Diablo III. When Blizzard North closed, Blizzard Irvine redid everything to fit the more cartoonish style the Irvine studio is known for.

What Blizzard North did, doesn't even count for Diablo 3. The "real" Diablo 3 started with the current devs. I'm sure they trashed everything Blizzard North did and started from "scratch" anyways.

What Blizzard North did, doesn't even count for Diablo 3. The "real" Diablo 3 started with the current devs. I'm sure they trashed everything Blizzard North did and started from "scratch" anyways.

It is still a departure from the past style.

So claiming you do not like the "art style" of Grim Dawn is irrelevant since it could change. Ever hear of Borderlands?