Toshiba L455D-S5976 Problems

AddictedGamer93

Ok guys, a friend of mine has this laptop, which he bought 4 months ago. It recently had it's first BSOD, after plugging a webcam. Now, he's lucky if it will boot into windows ( 7 btw), and if it does it EXTREMELY slow, like it takes 20 minutes to load. Once it loads into windows, nothing shows up, like any of his icons, or the taskbar. Safe mode boots almost as slow, but all his icons and the taskbar load this time. It also takes 5 to 10 minutes to open the Help ans Support menu from the Start Menu. Also, his laptop runs really hot, like 60-70c during normal use. I need help with this one, as i have no clue why it's in the shape it is. Help!!!!!!

60 - 70c seems normal for a laptop, when not under load. In my past experiences with laptops, they generally range from 48 to about 60 on light workloads, or being idle.

BSOD means that something is wrong with Windows; I may not know what is specifically wrong but something is. Tell him to back up all his important files, even though that will be a pain in the butt to do, and reinstall to factory defaults.

Toshiba comes with the recovery disks so just pop those in!