Starcraft II

tkrow21

I meant they're OP compared to carriers. If you're Protoss and you're going for an air force, you go rays, not carriers, whereas in SC1/BW, you always went for carriers with a few arbiters thrown in.

I'm not saying you can just build one unit and push the I WIN button.

I actually go pheonix, unless I just want something to attack a Z army.

Well I think it is obvious I overstated things a bit to make my point ...but looks like I clouded up the point. This is how I see Carriers currently in SC2:

PvP

Whomever is faster with their strat will win ...even if one side isn't going Carriers. Carriers are unlikely to turn the tide unless one guy sucks or the guy with Carriers is really good at micro, but is more of a testament to player skill than unit strength.

PvZ

I do think Carriers are OP in this match up. If the toss player micros his Carriers well, it takes an extremely skilled Zerg player to top it.

PvT

Carriers are horrible against Terran. Marines will destroy the interceptors making the Protoss Carriers nothing but huge slow moving targets. Well micro'd Vikings can do a lot of damage. Well placed turrets supported by Marines are certain failure ...and then you have that EMP bs.

Void Rays were great in Beta when they still had that awesome range and charge up rate. Now that they been reduced and people have figured them out they are more of that Early => Mid game transition point.

If the Interceptors had their shielding buffed up it would make them more viable against the Terran. Zerg really shouldn't be focusing so much on the Interceptors anyway so that change shouldn't (in theory) affect them too much. But all OBE anyway come HotS.

Well I think it is obvious I overstated things a bit to make my point ...but looks like I clouded up the point. This is how I see Carriers currently in SC2:

PvP

Whomever is faster with their strat will win ...even if one side isn't going Carriers. Carriers are unlikely to turn the tide unless one guy sucks or the guy with Carriers is really good at micro, but is more of a testament to player skill than unit strength.

PvZ

I do think Carriers are OP in this match up. If the toss player micros his Carriers well, it takes an extremely skilled Zerg player to top it.

PvT

Carriers are horrible against Terran. Marines will destroy the interceptors making the Protoss Carriers nothing but huge slow moving targets. Well micro'd Vikings can do a lot of damage. Well placed turrets supported by Marines are certain failure ...and then you have that EMP bs.

Void Rays were great in Beta when they still had that awesome range and charge up rate. Now that they been reduced and people have figured them out they are more of that Early => Mid game transition point.

If the Interceptors had their shielding buffed up it would make them more viable against the Terran. Zerg really shouldn't be focusing so much on the Interceptors anyway so that change shouldn't (in theory) affect them too much. But all OBE anyway come HotS.

Something that takes being microed well and skill to beat doesn't make it OP... it makes it balanced. Look at the pheonix. That said, Carrier micro in Sc2 is silly, because of the way that the interceptors move.

Carriers vs anything is a joke... Zerg: Get hydras out done deal or corrupters.

If you let your enemy tech up to carriers... wtf have you been doing.

Scout, scout, and scout some more. Intel is vital to winning the game.

Not sure if anybody else here still watches Day[9] and his dailies, but I was watching the archives and I noticed that our very own SackPatrol is featured in Daily #374 P1 as Day[J] goes over the 3gate robo from the previous daily.

Daily #374 P1

:thumbsup:

Was nice to have one of my games reviewed by him. I had actually played the game a day before his previous daily so I I just happen to have it when I saw that he was accepting submissions for it. I had not too long ago switched to using EGHuK's PvP strategy which has been the 3 gate robo into blink stalker play for quite a while. With the help of Day 9, PvP went from my worst match up, to probably my best. I've always found Blink Stalker micro to be quite easy so this was exactly what I needed to give me an edge.

Was nice to have one of my games reviewed by him. I had actually played the game a day before his previous daily so I I just happen to have it when I saw that he was accepting submissions for it. I had not too long ago switched to using EGHuK's PvP strategy which has been the 3 gate robo into blink stalker play for quite a while. With the help of Day 9, PvP went from my worst match up, to probably my best. I've always found Blink Stalker micro to be quite easy so this was exactly what I needed to give me an edge.

HAH. And you're playing my friend Lokk from the MLG Chat!

Ya you did a good job at microing those Stalkers but it was good to hear Day(9)'s take on it. I have the same problem (continuing to build the same units) in SC2 where as in SC1 I was a lot quicker changing up my strat to react to how my opponent was countering me.

Still think Day9 is probably the best video commentator out there. I've tried a few others but I just can't find the quality in them to match, let alone beat, Day 9. Quirky guy but it works. :lol:

• 3 months later...

SC2: Heart of the Swarm was originally listed at $60 on Amazon. Now it is listed as $40 ...which I think is the correct price. Though GameStop still has it on pre-order for $60.

If you want be sure you get it for $40, order it on Amazon now.

Good side to ordering now is if the price goes up you still get it for $40. If the price goes down, you get it for the lowest price between the time you order and when it ships. Bad side to ordering now is they don't currently have "Release Date Delivery" currently as a shipping option. If the price stays at $40 you can always cancel your order and re-order once the 'Release Date Delivery' shipping option becomes available ...or if they run some promo.