Starcraft II

tkrow21

There's no way he can kill you like that. Just select your probes, hit a, and click behind his line of probes. You have more numbers than him.

:withstupid: I can understand him harassing you with probes before bringing over some zealots to finish the job, but there is no way someone can possibly lose to just a probe rush unless you just sit there and watch.

Technically losing to a Probe rush is impossible. If he brings them all to your base he wont be farming up minerals. By the time he gets to you you'll have outnumbered him with more resources in the bank.

I'm stuck on getting an achievement. I can beat the mission I just can't seem to get the achievement.

Mission is Zero Hour

I just can't seem to kill 4 hatcheries on hard. Does anybody have any tips?

I'm stuck on getting an achievement. I can beat the mission I just can't seem to get the achievement.

Mission is Zero Hour

I just can't seem to kill 4 hatcheries on hard. Does anybody have any tips?

Shoot them. With lots of weapons. Repeatedly... until they go pop.

Yes, I just gave you the most worthless advice ever. Seriously though, haven't gone after that achievement yet although I think I'm on the mission and playing it on hard. I'll get back to you with any tips I can scrounge up after I get it done. Ignore the above attempt at humor. ph34r2.gif

Shoot them. With lots of weapons. Repeatedly... until they go pop.

Yes, I just gave you the most worthless advice ever. Seriously though, haven't gone after that achievement yet although I think I'm on the mission and playing it on hard. I'll get back to you with any tips I can scrounge up after I get it done. Ignore the above attempt at humor. ph34r2.gif

I got it.

I salvaged two bunkers for extra minerals and built two extra barracks. Then I just started pumping out marines and medics till about the 10 minute mark and then attacked the top base. Waited for them to rebuild and attacked again and got it.

I just got myself transfered to the North American region in StarCraf II, so my account was reset and I now have a different character code.

My new b.net info is:

Ballistics

Done.

And to add to the thread:

I do not regret buying this game at all; I've already invested over 130 hours into the game and I don't see any signs of me getting bored. In fact, the game becomes more and more exciting as you get a better understanding of all the things that make Starcraft II the premier strategy game, and it's a long, long path before you're perfect.

The campaign is ok, but I haven't gotten past 10 missions yet, but it's definitely better than the competition so far, as it's very story intensive for an RTS, yet doesn't sacrifice gameplay.

The community for the game is so alive, with many commentators that bring you pro level games and teach you on how to improve yourself.

What I'm worried about is that Blizzard still has not released a balance patch since the beta, and not everything is perfectly balanced yet. I'm expecting a huge patch with loads of changes to come soon, even though it's the most balanced RTS since Brood War so far.

Edit: Just a reminder, post your character code and your character name. I will not be putting e-mails on the first post due to spam.

Edited by tkrow21

• 1 month later...

Damn, surprised to see this game get so little mention on the forums here.

I got a lot of my friends at school to really get into the game, even a Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 player, lol.

A lot of my old teammates from CS:S are also picking up Starcraft II.

And just an FYI MLG 2 is going on right now. Bought my HD pass for $10 - some of the games so far have been incredible, really unique builds (such as Kiwikaki's two Immortal + zealot drop play against Idra), and just an insane amount of skill being demonstrated by all the players.

BTW it is being casted by Day9, JP, and DJ Wheat.

Lol I'll check out the games when Day9 makes a daily on em. I'll get much more out of it than just watching them live. Plus, the Daily is free.

I wish more ppl around me would get into SC2, but they're all pretty big noobs and don't play games. As for the people that do play games, they are pretty nerdy and play stuff like WoW so I don't even talk to them.

Maybe next year in college I'll have better luck.

I also wanna give a shout out to Fruit Dealer who won the TG-Intel Starcraft 2 Open Season 1 tournament. Very good player and great use of baneling drops.

Edited by ballist1x