tkrow21

Starcraft II

The original StarCraft games don't run on Windows 7 in a lot of cases, and there isn't a way to know if your system will run it or not. I think StarCraft II is everything that StarCraft 1 is, and more so it would be the better choice at this point.

It works fine for me.

The original StarCraft games don't run on Windows 7 in a lot of cases, and there isn't a way to know if your system will run it or not. I think StarCraft II is everything that StarCraft 1 is, and more so it would be the better choice at this point.

If only it didn't have that sparkly "brand-new" price tag :P

If only it didn't have that sparkly "brand-new" price tag :P

If you're referring to Starcraft II being unfairly priced at $59.99, let it be.

There are tons of games that don't deserve to be priced at $49.99, yet they are.

If you're referring to Starcraft II being unfairly priced at $59.99, let it be.

There are tons of games that don't deserve to be priced at $49.99, yet they are.

And then there are some games totally not worth it until its on the bargain bin at 5 bucks. :lol:

I never had an issue with SC1 on Vista, haven't gotten it installed 7 yet but I don't foresee any problems.

And then there are some games totally not worth it until its on the bargain bin at 5 bucks. :lol:

I never had an issue with SC1 on Vista, haven't gotten it installed 7 yet but I don't foresee any problems.

:withstupid: I played SC1 as recently as a month ago with my friend on Vista and had no issues. Don't have Win7, but I've seen others say they've played it on Win7 just fine.

I've been playing the 7 hour trial and this game is making me a happy man.

The StarCraft 1 anthology is real cheap on the Battle.net website and I have yet to check on Amazon. Reckon it's worth getting? Will I have problems playing on Windows 7? :(

$10 on Amazon

I don't run W7 either, but if you do try it... when you create a Battle.net account you can load your CD Key into the website and you can download off Bnet. The version on Bnet may be more friendly to newer O/Ss like W7. The other benefit to getting your CD Key on Bnet is you can Download/Install on as many computers as you want ...just like Steam.

I'm seriously debating uninstalling SC off my pc at home and reinstalling it from Bnet because I'm sure that way I won't need the SC disc loaded into my machine when I run it. In fact, I think I will. Gonna have to test it out. :P Either way SC1 is still a classic game but it is dated so I'm not sure if anyone who hasn't played it yet can look past the graphics and still enjoy it.

SC2 is definitely worth it. I have to ask though on that 7hr trial... is it fully unlocked for those 7hrs? In other words, can you play both the Single Player and the Multiplayer and earn achievements in the process?

$10 on Amazon

I don't run W7 either, but if you do try it... when you create a Battle.net account you can load your CD Key into the website and you can download off Bnet. The version on Bnet may be more friendly to newer O/Ss like W7. The other benefit to getting your CD Key on Bnet is you can Download/Install on as many computers as you want ...just like Steam.

I'm seriously debating uninstalling SC off my pc at home and reinstalling it from Bnet because I'm sure that way I won't need the SC disc loaded into my machine when I run it. In fact, I think I will. Gonna have to test it out. :P Either way SC1 is still a classic game but it is dated so I'm not sure if anyone who hasn't played it yet can look past the graphics and still enjoy it.

SC2 is definitely worth it. I have to ask though on that 7hr trial... is it fully unlocked for those 7hrs? In other words, can you play both the Single Player and the Multiplayer and earn achievements in the process?

The CD hasn't been required for SC for awhile now. As of Patch 1.15.2:

- StarCraft and StarCraft: BroodWar no longer require the CD while playing the game. To play without the CD, please follow the following instructions:

Windows Users:

- Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked. To do this please use the following steps:

- Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer

- Click on Tools -> Folder options (Windows Vista users may have to press the Alt key to see the tools option at the top of the window)

- Click on the View Tab In the list, look for the "Hide extensions for known file types" option, and make sure that it is unchecked.

- Click OK to save the changes.

- Now you will need to copy some files from the Game CDs - If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq". If you wish to play the StarCraft original missions then please copy and rename the install file from the original StarCraft CD as well, as listed directly above.

The CD hasn't been required for SC for awhile now. As of Patch 1.15.2:

Right on! Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I will definitely be giving that a try when I get home.

Right on! Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

I will definitely be giving that a try when I get home.

I've done it on Vista and my friend has done it on XP.

Believe this but some guy killed me with probes, and i hadn't even made anything yet. :mad:

There's no way he can kill you like that. Just select your probes, hit a, and click behind his line of probes. You have more numbers than him.