Starcraft II

tkrow21

I wonder how people are gonna split in sc2 with 6 workers. xD

I know it's automatic there so all you need to do is split 3x3 and the rest will take care of it's self, but maybe some asian pro will come up with a 6 worker split and put each on an individual patch. I personally find the sc1 split hard... I barely manage to do it with 4 workers let alone 6.

I wonder how people are gonna split in sc2 with 6 workers. xD

I know it's automatic there so all you need to do is split 3x3 and the rest will take care of it's self, but maybe some asian pro will come up with a 6 worker split and put each on an individual patch. I personally find the sc1 split hard... I barely manage to do it with 4 workers let alone 6.

Most pro's I've seen do a 2-2-2 split.

I personally find the sc1 split hard... I barely manage to do it with 4 workers let alone 6.

That was probably my least favorite part about SC1. Thank God they improved that in SC2.

idk, I remember reading one pro say that its really not that important early game as its all kinda done automatically now. The most important thing is to put your rally on the nearest patch, and your probes will split themselves.

In starcraft 2 the optimal amount of workers for any patch/gas is 3.

idk, I remember reading one pro say that its really not that important early game as its all kinda done automatically now. The most important thing is to put your rally on the nearest patch, and your probes will split themselves.

In starcraft 2 the optimal amount of workers for any patch/gas is 3.

yea I know it's not important cuz it's automatic but my point was that somebody might think of doing it sc1 style which would be extremely hard... but there isn't any real advantage I think...

as for the sc1 split...I pretty much got the hang of it from a few hours of trying. I'd do it with the Shift key but now I'm trying to learn it by selecting each individual worker and sending him to a patch since it's a bit faster that the way with the Shift key, if done right. I'm able to do it sometimes...mostly with the Terran SCVs... and least with the Zerg Drones.

In one of Day9's dailies, he was explaining how APM actually isn't that important and that you can be good simply by having crisp timing, and so he gave an example of the best canadian sc player - Testie who he said had like 100 APM which isn't that much at all...but he was still the best in Canada... so that's something to think about when doing these super pro splits and fancy shmancy micros.

Everyone says that's how much Activision invested. I'm assuming Blizzard invested even more, and so did Vivendi, which means it cost a lot more that $100,000,000.

Everyone says that's how much Activision invested. I'm assuming Blizzard invested even more, and so did Vivendi, which means it cost a lot more that $100,000,000.

Activision Blizzard is one company. $100mil is the development cost for all three games and does not include marketing costs. Other than that distinction, your assumption is most likely inaccurate.