Wall at 4 ghz 965

Yeah, if you want to play safely, that's the way to go. 3.8GHz @ stock voltage vs. 4GHz @ 1.5V. Is that 200MHz really needed? The performance increase is not really worth the risk IMO.

For 24/7 overclocks, I rarely increase voltage. But if you really want to go over 4GHz, try giving it even more voltage on the core. And BTW, NF200 is not a southbridge, it's simply a PCI-E bridge.

I wish mine made it that far being stable.... I have never seen a chip 100% stable at 3.80 with stock voltage.

I wish mine made it that far being stable.... I have never seen a chip 100% stable at 3.80 with stock voltage.

All my Phenom II C3s do it. They are a 965 and a 555. I'm not quite sure on the MA770T-UD3P, but they do it on both the MA790FXT-UD5P and the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO.

yeah cooler temps is the only way your going to past that 4.0 ghz @ 100% load. mine is at 4.1 @ 100% load at 55c to 57c. keep in mind my room temp is at 26c.

My room temperature hovers around 23-25c depending on what load state the computer is in. I just belive I have ran out of headroom here or its a cold foot chip. Im Maxing out temps at 52c right now but in short it would do a great deal to have this chip ALOT colder so I could get the results I want. For now. Looks like the old chip is holding me down again. If I had a phase unit "laying around" I would give your clocks a run for your money but thats not happening. :D ROFL. ill just invest a bit and prepare for winter to shove the comp outside. :rofl:

Hey remember that board I tried to sell you Insan3.... well thats the test bed here. :)

hahah good stuff. yeah i been tryin to push my chips further than 4.290 but i cant. but then again i have no need for all this power, i already max out all the games i play and i can run everything i want lol. for now i am saving up for when 8-core come around. but i been thinking about getting a phase cooler. but i am not sure how noise/price are worth it.