440 Or 555BE

why the hell is the multiplier set to x4? Could it have been that you, by accident, modified it? It should be at x15.5 and also that voltage seems pretty low if you ask me.

Either you seriously messed the cpu up while you were unlocking, or because of the unlock, CPUZ is showing wrong readings.

I suggest tha you go back in the BIOS and check all the settings. Make sure that the multiplier is set to x15.5 and the increase the voltage too because if you just raise the multiplier, the PC won't even start since right now the cpu speed is very low which compensates for the 4 cores. Default voltage should be around 1.28 so if you want and if you can keep the 4 cores and the default speed, you'll need to go a bit over 1.28 in order to support the 2 extra cores.

IMPORTANT: When you raise your multiplier back to 15.5 remember to raise it by 1.0 and NOT go from x4.0 to 15.5... That could have a very nasty effect on the CPU. What you do is you go in the bios, up the multiplier with 1.0 so that it goes from 4.0 to 5.0, then you restart the PC and wait like 2 minutes. Then you go back into the BIOS and up the multiplier another 1.0 so it goes to 6.0, restart, wait and repeat.

With an additional overclock even more voltage would be needed but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

why the hell is the multiplier set to x4? Could it have been that you, by accident, modified it? It should be at x15.5 and also that voltage seems pretty low if you ask me.

Either you seriously messed the cpu up while you were unlocking, or because of the unlock, CPUZ is showing wrong readings.

I suggest tha you.......

....stick to what you're best at (trolling ;) )

The CPU Z shot is showing the processor in it's idle state.

asher_pa - start load testing your CPU to test for stability, & you will notice both the frequency & voltage increase when load is applied.

Power-saving features in the BIOS reduce the speed & voltage when there is no need for it.

These can be switched off, as sometimes they can be a hindrance to overclocking, but the more recent implementations work very well.

way to be an ahole. I didn't know he had any of that power saving mumbojumbo enabled. Normally when people overclock they don't have it enabled.

He's just stating simple facts.....I think it would be obvious to anyone that read the OP's post that C&Q was enabled.

Hi,

I tried to use prime95 but the max that cpu-z sow me was around 2900

I have poor memory of 2GB (http://www.adata.com.tw/?action=product_feature&cid=6&piid=31)

And PSU of 450W (Generic).

If I want to OC my CPU does buying a good cpu cooler will be enough Or do I need to upgrade my memory stick too to something with cooling like OCZ...??

Thanks?

Well, first try disabling this famous Cool 'n' Quiet from your BIOS and see if it gets your cpu speed back up. If not, then you might have to spend some cash for an aftermarket cooler if you are still running on the stock AMD cooler (which isn't very good cuz the cpu will get quite hot if you do any overclocking or unlocking with it), you'll also need some quality ram because it is needed for a good overclock by the CPU. I'm not sure how ADATA's newer ram models are but some brands that most people prefer today are GSkill, Corsair and Crucial. As for the PSU... you might need a slightly more powerful one but that's only if you'll do big overclocks. A 550 can be overclocked most of the time up to 3.6 on stock voltage with 2 cores. So ask your self if you want to keep the quad core set up or revert back to dual core and get a higher overclock. Though in any case...if you ever find yourself with some extra cash... a nice new PSU can always come in handy.es

He's just stating simple facts.....I think it would be obvious to anyone that read the OP's post that C&Q was enabled.

yeah, sorry I didn't take the time to read through all of the posts to make sure that something that should be disabled when overclocking is still enabled(in his case). Anyway.

Hi,

I tried to use prime95 but the max that cpu-z sow me was around 2900

I have poor memory of 2GB (http://www.adata.com.tw/?action=product_feature&cid=6&piid=31)

And PSU of 450W (Generic).

If I want to OC my CPU does buying a good cpu cooler will be enough Or do I need to upgrade my memory stick too to something with cooling like OCZ...??

Thanks?

I'd invest in two things;

* Better quality PSU.

* Aftermarket CPU cooler.

Your CPU multiplier is unlocked, so you can overclock without affecting the RAM frequency by increasing the CPU multiplier.

I'm not quite sure what your intended use of the PC is - you want to get the best performance out of the CPU, but you have a relatively small amount of RAM, & don't mention a dedicated GPU.

What is your goal?

Hi,

1. this is 435 CPU not 440/550

2. when I'm disabling the Cool 'n' Quiet my HDD getting crazy and start knocking his head... - its disappearing when i get CNQ back what can be responsible for that???????????????

Thanks.

Hi,

1. this is 435 CPU not 440/550

2. when I'm disabling the Cool 'n' Quiet my HDD getting crazy and start knocking his head... - its disappearing when i get CNQ back what can be responsible for that???????????????

Thanks.

Sorry - I thought you had the BE chip. You should still be able to keep the RAM around it's rated frequency by using the divider when OC'ing, up to a certain extent.

Not sure about the HDD activity - coincidence being a fresh OS installation maybe?