440 Or 555BE

Hi,

I'm now here and I'm looking for help about choosing the right CPU.

I want to buy new computer with this spec:

GA-880GMA-UD2H

AMD Athlon II X3 440 \ 555BE

Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz

INWIN 450W PSU

I want to get the height performance that i can get from the CPU (440/555BE)...

I'm going to use the BOX cooler that came with the CPU and with regular 450W PSU

I don't know witch CPU to take - the diffrents between the 440 to the 555BE is:

1. 30$

2. If I'll failed to unlock the 2 more core in 555BE I'll get "poor" performance next to the 440 (440 = 2558 \ 555 = 1880 \ B55 = 4061 - PassMark score) - the unlocking of the 555 is not 100% and if I'll failed I'll not be able to return the CPU or exchange it the 440 CPU

3. When I'll got my CPU I'll not be able to exchange it to another!!!

I don't want to buy an "unlockable" CPU and disappointed failed to unlock him and then go to buy another one....

Does the 555BE is 100% unlockable and stable?

Can someone advise me what to do?

Thanks.

Asher

On stock cooling, I'd suggest the 440. There's still a chance for you to unlock to X4 if you get a good one.

Another option is going to ebay and specifically looking for a 555BE that has been unlocked to 3 or 4 cores successfully. Also, have you considered going for a 550BE instead? They usually seem more likely to unlock than either of the others you mentioned.

+1 for the 550BE. I've got 1 and it's holding up pretty well. Stock cooling isn't very good for any cpu so you'll most likely need a nice new cooler to go with a 550 or 555 BE since they have really big potential and are very flexible when it comes to how you'd like to "morph" them. Truly great chips for great prices.

+1 for the 550BE. I've got 1 and it's holding up pretty well. Stock cooling isn't very good for any cpu so you'll most likely need a nice new cooler to go with a 550 or 555 BE since they have really big potential and are very flexible when it comes to how you'd like to "morph" them. Truly great chips for great prices.

It's not worthwhile to get one from EBAY because the price of the CPU will be even higher then in my country... (Shipping\taxs...)

and near my house i can get better warranty ,,,

So if I conclude this i can say that ...

1. not all of 550BE \ 555BE are unlockable.

2. even if the CPU is unlockble i'll still need better cooler then the stock coller.

3. it's not worth to get one from EBAY because it going to be more expensive then in my country...

Am I right?

Hi,

I'm now here and I'm looking for help about choosing the right CPU.

I want to buy new computer with this spec:

GA-880GMA-UD2H

AMD Athlon II X3 440 \ 555BE

Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz

INWIN 450W PSU

I want to get the height performance that i can get from the CPU (440/555BE)...

I'm going to use the BOX cooler that came with the CPU and with regular 450W PSU

I don't know witch CPU to take - the diffrents between the 440 to the 555BE is:

1. 30$

2. If I'll failed to unlock the 2 more core in 555BE I'll get "poor" performance next to the 440 (440 = 2558 \ 555 = 1880 \ B55 = 4061 - PassMark score) - the unlocking of the 555 is not 100% and if I'll failed I'll not be able to return the CPU or exchange it the 440 CPU

3. When I'll got my CPU I'll not be able to exchange it to another!!!

I don't want to buy an "unlockable" CPU and disappointed failed to unlock him and then go to buy another one....

Does the 555BE is 100% unlockable and stable?

Can someone advise me what to do?

Thanks.

Asher

If what you really want is 4 core, black edition, overclockable and guaranteed to have 4 cores, stable, then look to a phenom II 955BE or 965 BE. You might get lucky with the others or you might not. No way to tell until you have it.

^ if your on a budget then that'll just be a waste of money that could be used towards a better GPU or other parts. You've got a much higher chance of a 555 unlocking to a Stable quad then you do with a 440, and with the 550 its 50/50, personally id get the 555 if you just want to have those better odds, though i dont think its worth the price premium over the 550 here in the UK. You should also keep an eye open incase you spot a Tri-Core for a bargin like i did ;)

^ if your on a budget then that'll just be a waste of money that could be used towards a better GPU or other parts. You've got a much higher chance of a 555 unlocking to a Stable quad then you do with a 440, and with the 550 its 50/50, personally id get the 555 if you just want to have those better odds, though i dont think its worth the price premium over the 550 here in the UK. You should also keep an eye open incase you spot a Tri-Core for a bargin like i did ;)

Hi,

I bought the CPU today.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Before I open the cpu box....

My batch is "1015GPCW"

Is there a place that I can check if my CPU is can be safely unlocked?????

thanks.

:withstupid: There may be good trends and bad trends but every chip is a different animal

Hi,

I finally install all together, and use the "Unlock core" in bios

But this is what I see in CPU-Z

My core speed is only 803 MHZ...

Did I miss something in the BIOS configuration?

What does it mean, does my cpu is unlockable?

Thanks again.

post-72353-12783657611327_thumb.jpg