My Third Build

supermep

Well.... my third build for me that is! I've built a . ton more computers than three!

All the beautiful parts!

25rjvx4.jpg

egtt82.jpg

dbh7x0.jpg

Antec 900 case :D

2agjdsm.jpg

A little side naked action

316595c.jpg

Inside the beast!

2wbvler.jpg

Got the HDD's installed into their cage... that's definitely new to me since my last build.

sfe2hx.jpg

PSU, HDD's and Bluray and DVDRW all installed

wlpww.jpg

EVGA x58 FTW 3 MOBO! woot!

n67xnl.jpg

Installed the mobo! WHEW!

rrtdg6.jpg

everything installed... any one have some tips on cable management?

b3qwet.jpg

WOOT!

2cg1m1.jpg

She's so pretty :D

33c3gvn.jpg

Cheers all!

everything installed... any one have some tips on cable management?

Without trying to sound too harsh, my tip would be to not do it like that. Get your self some zip ties, and sleeves, and some black electric tape or small velcro straps, and then start looking for ways to run some of those wires behind the mobo tray, or along the seams and corners in the case. Theres a really good guide over on OCN, if I can find it I'll link you to it. Nice build though, man. I used to have (and love) that case.

EDIT: Found it. Here you go, sir!

http://www.overclock.net/case-mods-general-discussion/604645-cable-management-101-deano12345.html

Thanks for that link! When I get some free time I'm going to attempt to get this mess cleaned up. I know it will help with airflow as well... even though all my parts run well below the norm!

LMAO sweet crap man, I've never seen a modular PSU so messy :P Just set aside like an hour or two and try your hardest to clean it all up and I'm sure you can make it look real slick :D

One of my biggest issues was with the sata cables. I have to flip them upside down on one section to get them to go on. Im thinking of moving the PATA DVDRW to the top and move the bluray down to try to help with that problem.

Ok! I rewired it now. Made the 20 pin MOBO power connector go through the tray, and the front USB, front 1394, front audio, some of the sata cords, etc

Here it is now:

1qogae.jpg

Another angle

etzdas.jpg

Lower section

20a5oah.jpg

And the back section showing what I pulled through there

287j6yu.jpg

Here's the new temps

oib3o6.jpg

And the CPU settings

hv8lfl.jpg

Cheers all and thanks for the help!

Ya the old Antec 900 case is bad when it comes to cable management, everything else about it rocks though.

The Antec 900 two, however improves on cable management features allot and has a black interior, and blue led fans.

• 1 month later...

Nice improvement on the cables... I thought mine were a mess until I saw your original photos!! I noticed after painting the inside of my case black that the mess of the wires looks less like a mess -- that might be an option later down the road. :thumbsup: