dode74

Upgrade advice

My current rig (see sig) was built about 2 years ago, and I'm getting the itch to improve it somewhat. Windows 7 seems to be the obvious first upgrade, but I was also thinking about including a SSD of some sort to boot from. Would you do much different?

If I do go down the SSD route, would I be best off just putting Windows 7 on there, or would you put some of your more frequently used programmes on it as well?

What I would put on an ssd, OS(s), Adobe CS_, GIMP, 3dMark. Though that might be too much for an SSD depending on the size, I'd get a 60GB. I wouldn't put any programs that don't start slow when on your hard drive. Maybe put office programs on it such as MSword/OOwriter.

Personally I still think it's too soon to be adding SSD to a computer build.

They cost way to much money and there is not much space on them.

Though I personally do not like installing programs to another drive, I don't mind using second drives for storage purposes but using them to install programs on I just never do it.

When I was playing World of Warcraft I remember the folder being 15ish gig's and that would be about 1/3 of the space alone of your SSD 60gb drive that you just payed 300 bucks for.

I think if I honestly wanted speed I would just run a Raid Configuration.. Maybe in another 3 years I would consider the SSD route.